Texas Fishing Forum

2000 merc 150 alarm

Posted By: Unclebubba

2000 merc 150 alarm - 03/30/24 07:07 PM

I have a Merc 150 with an alarm going off. Like an overheat alarm, but it's definitely not overheating. What could that alarm be? It is not a solid alarm.it beeps about 2x per second, and only does it when the trim is down. If it is raised up past about the halfway point, in turns off.
Posted By: Unclebubba

Re: 2000 merc 150 alarm - 03/30/24 08:08 PM

I figured out that it was a low oil alarm. There was plenty of oil in the lower reservoir. How does it get from the lower reservoir to the upper? I did not see any pump. Just a pick-up tube.
Posted By: boatman025

Re: 2000 merc 150 alarm - 04/01/24 03:00 PM

Make sure your top is seal ,and there a fritting on block that pressurized oil tank in boat to fill tank on motor if tank on motor full most likely tank on motor bad
Posted By: TLW

Re: 2000 merc 150 alarm - 04/02/24 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Unclebubba
I figured out that it was a low oil alarm. There was plenty of oil in the lower reservoir. How does it get from the lower reservoir to the upper? I did not see any pump. Just a pick-up tube.

there is a one way fitting just below tha starter that pressurizes tha tank in tha boat.. they sometimes tend ta fail and/or get stopped up.. its an easy and fairly cheap fix to replace......

after you replace it remove tha cap on tha "motor" tank and let motor idle... jus be sure ta watch for tha motor tank ta fill up and not over flow!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum