Texas Fishing Forum

What Boat Should I Buy?

Posted By: Chuck Miles

What Boat Should I Buy? - 06/01/22 05:48 PM

I have a $20,000 budget. I mostly bass fish but occasionally run jug lines and catfish. I fish all types of lakes across Texas, any advice?
Posted By: AggieDave

Re: What Boat Should I Buy? - 06/01/22 08:58 PM

If you have a $20k budget, I would limit my boat purchase to $15k. You will likely need/want to replace/upgrade batteries and electronics. On the motor, bank on replacing the water pump, spark plugs, gear lube, fuel filter(s), water separating filter at a minimum. I would also bank on new tires and bearings for the trailer. You might get lucky and find a gem that needs absolutely nothing. But I've never found a used boat that didn't need *something*...especially when there is a new owner. Good luck man.
Posted By: popcork

Re: What Boat Should I Buy? - 06/02/22 01:14 PM

I would look at a center console and spend my money on possible upgrades.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: What Boat Should I Buy? - 06/02/22 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by popcork
I would look at a center console and spend my money on possible upgrades.

Yup for that budget look for a 115hp 4 stroke- newest motor and hull you can find
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: What Boat Should I Buy? - 06/03/22 02:51 PM

Do you tournament fish? If yes, then a known good builder bass boat with minimum 150 checked out and maintained motor. If no, then a center console is easier to multi task.
Posted By: rebait

Re: What Boat Should I Buy? - 06/04/22 08:29 PM

Center console bay style is the best all around boat I have owned. 22' rides way better than an 18-19' but that might push your budget.
Posted By: AggieDave

Re: What Boat Should I Buy? - 06/08/22 05:36 PM

You're not going to find much better than this for $20k

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...3/basscat-cougar-250-pro-xs#Post14386453
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum