Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Cleaning

Posted By: theduke

Boat Cleaning - 04/18/22 01:05 AM

I’ve got a 2001 Bluewave that I bought recently and every time I take it out the is a pretty visible brown scum line when I get home. I power wash my boat and it gets most of it off but I would like to know what y’all would recommend to getting my boat more clean and is there anything I can do to bring back her shine? I’m not opposed to waxing it by hand but what to know what y’all do and use.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Boat Cleaning - 04/18/22 03:48 AM

Above the boat rub rail, as soon as I can after getting out of the water I use, either slick mist, bass boat saver, or any other wash/wax spray to clean off the residual on the boat...below the rub rail where it is not practical for an old man like me to get under there and wipe it down, I use a sprayer to spray hull cleaner ..easy one easy off is the brand I use on any stained areas...let it set for a good bit and use a sponge mop with a water hose or bucket to mop/ the underneath hull area clean...I usually do this when I start to notice a scum line residue buildup...if I were younger after cleaning I would use a spray wax on that area to help keep it from staining for a while.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Boat Cleaning - 04/18/22 02:32 PM

if not to bad you can use either rubbing or polishing compound (liquid type) and some elbow grease (6" random orbit polisher works excellent) to get it clean.

once clean get some good ceramic spray on (the type you spray on and rinse off) wet the hull and spray then wipe with a wet rag, rinse.

do this 2 or 3 times a yr. and the scum line should wash off at the car wash.

I also do mine above the rub rail but do a full wipe down while dry, after loading lucas slick mist.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum