Texas Fishing Forum

Weird Tilt Issue

Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Weird Tilt Issue - 04/03/22 04:53 AM

Fished all day today. Drove home and when I got home the motor had trimmed all the way up and motor tote was hanging down. How on earth would that happen? Yes, I am 100% sure it was trimmed down on tote. It was dark so I bever noticed it driving until I got home. No clue how far I drive with it like that.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Weird Tilt Issue - 04/03/22 10:51 AM

Not an uncommon problem. Its usually caused by corrosion in either the trim relay or one of the trim switches, usually the one on the motor since its usually submerged in water.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Weird Tilt Issue - 04/03/22 12:34 PM

Anything laying on front deck that could have bumped the switches while you were towing?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Weird Tilt Issue - 04/03/22 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Anything laying on front deck that could have bumped the switches while you were towing?

I had this happen the other day while I was on the water. Finally realized the TM cable had fallen onto the front trim trim switch.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Weird Tilt Issue - 04/03/22 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Not an uncommon problem. Its usually caused by corrosion in either the trim relay or one of the trim switches, usually the one on the motor since its usually submerged in water.

On new boat that's been in the water 5 times?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Weird Tilt Issue - 04/03/22 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird

This, most likely. Probably a rod handle up against the trim switch up front.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: Weird Tilt Issue - 04/03/22 09:17 PM

I will share that I had a new boat that did that on occasion while trailering...and finally it happened on the water and the motor would not trim down...it was a bad wiring harness on a Mercury motor...not saying that's your issue....just know it could be a warning sign of that type issue on a new motor...if you cant figure out any other cause...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum