Texas Fishing Forum

No Oil light and buzzer

Posted By: SangerCrappieMan

No Oil light and buzzer - 11/29/21 09:45 PM

97 Johnson 115 runs fine as long as you keep it below 10 MPH. If you go over that for very far the no oil light and buzzer come on.
You can put the gearshift in neutral and the buzzer will stop. Drive maybe 200 yards going faster than 10mph and you get the buzzer and light again.
Any ideas what it could be?
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 11/29/21 10:18 PM

On my 96 Johnson 135 it was the oil pump. Bypassed it and just premixed my oil and gas.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 11/29/21 10:35 PM

I did away with the self oiling also on my 1996 Johnson 150. I premix the gas and did away with the VRO also. Installed the two stacked fuel pump system. I love it. A ratio right cup and you will never go wrong.

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 11/30/21 09:31 PM

Are y'all talking about the pump that is in the oil tank outside of the motor?
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 12/01/21 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by SangerCrappieMan
Are y'all talking about the pump that is in the oil tank outside of the motor?

Yes.
Posted By: boatman025

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 12/01/21 06:55 PM

Theres no oil pump in OMC oil tanks

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 12/01/21 08:23 PM

My OMC tank had no pump. Just a pump bulb to prime the oil system to the VRO. The VRO is a fuel pump and oil pump. I did away with all of that with a dual stacked pump.

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 12/03/21 08:39 PM

Mine has some kind of pump inside the oil tank that leads to a primer bulb and then to the engine.

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 12/04/21 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by SangerCrappieMan
Mine has some kind of pump inside the oil tank that leads to a primer bulb and then to the engine.

Are you sure it’s a pump? There is a low oil sending unit with wires ran to it in there for sure.

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 12/09/21 09:46 PM

Coolarrow, that might be what it is. it does have an electrical cord and a hose with a primer bulb on it

Re: No Oil light and buzzer - 12/14/21 09:17 PM

Do you think that the low oil sending unit could be what is wrong with it causing it to light up and buzz?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum