Texas Fishing Forum

Are you interested in buying my old boat?

Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Are you interested in buying my old boat? - 11/10/21 08:35 PM

Before I post to TFF or Facebook market place. I am checking to see if there would be any interest in buying my old Ranger Bass boat 15 1/2 ft, 1978, Evinrude 115 hp for 2200 firm. If you think there might be any interest I will take pics and post particulars in the proper place at that time. Or do you think I am asking to much. I am going on 75 and I never have anyone who wants to go crappie fishing. I am tired of going by myself. So thinking about selling while it is running good. I always thought a college person might be a good one to sell to. Appreciate any info.
Posted By: Costa Plente

Re: Are you interested in buying my old boat? - 11/10/21 10:55 PM

Post it. Someone will buy it if it's running.
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Are you interested in buying my old boat? - 11/11/21 03:48 AM

Early this spring I bought a 79 Ranger 168V with a Johnson 150 not running for $2000.Needed carpet,new seats,trolling motor,electronics and lots of TLC.Absolutely a solid boat that I should be able to recover all but my blood and sweat at trade/sell time.Forrest knew what he was doing when he made these early model Ranger's.So the answer to your question is yes,I think you will get some interest,and yes,$2200 is a very fair price for an operational boat.
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Are you interested in buying my old boat? - 11/11/21 05:17 PM

Thanks for your input. I too have put a lot TLC into it, I replaced the carpet with a painted non skid deck, put a rebuilt engine on, new steering cable,then spent 2 years working on it myself to get it running right. When I finished that and it runs like a top, I just did not care anymore, just got tired of messing with it. So I take it out just to run the engine every 2 months or so,. Live wells work, but i just take a cooler with ice so I do not have to clean them after each trip. Trolling motor is only about 4 years old, and I will let it go with the Humminbird 999 side and down scanning. Plus lots of extras , like original shop manuals, spare parts, extra gas tanks, it has a 17 gal built in tank, So I kind of agree with you, it is a fair price. Take care
Posted By: Micheal

Re: Are you interested in buying my old boat? - 11/13/21 02:44 PM

Post pics. It would create more interest.
Posted By: Crappie Ford Man

Re: Are you interested in buying my old boat? - 11/16/21 03:27 AM

I agree with Micheal. Post pics and details of trolling motor, motor hours and/or numbers on the motor cylinders, etc. Anything like that would create interest. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum