Texas Fishing Forum

Spark plugs

Posted By: RDZ

Spark plugs - 09/08/21 02:53 AM

I cant get my boat to turn over, I pulled the spark plugs to outboard and they have alot of gas on them. What cause this problem.. any help is appreciated. Thanks..
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Spark plugs - 09/08/21 03:34 AM

What outboard do you have?

Re: Spark plugs - 09/08/21 03:40 AM

50 hp mercury 2 stroke
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Spark plugs - 09/08/21 03:49 AM

May just be unused gas that’s not burning if it won’t turn over. You need 3 things for it to run. Compression, gas, and spark. Sounds like it has gas. I’d check compression and spark.

Re: Spark plugs - 09/08/21 04:12 AM

What's the best way to do that.

Re: Spark plugs - 09/08/21 04:35 AM

Just ordered the stuff from amazon. Thanks.. this did happen once b4. Battery seemed good, was doing the same thing. Battery soundedgood and strong. Charged it over night and it started right up. So charging it now to see if it works. It showed to have good voltage but Amps were down.
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Spark plugs - 09/09/21 02:10 PM

You said it wont turn over like it wont try to fire but it does spin, or you turn the key and nothing happens?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Spark plugs - 09/10/21 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by RDZ
Just ordered the stuff from amazon. Thanks.. this did happen once b4. Battery seemed good, was doing the same thing. Battery soundedgood and strong. Charged it over night and it started right up. So charging it now to see if it works. It showed to have good voltage but Amps were down.

need to load test that battery. can buy a tester for around 30-40 bucks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum