Texas Fishing Forum

Non-Functioning BOW tilt rocker switch

Posted By: Rayzor

Non-Functioning BOW tilt rocker switch - 09/02/21 12:05 AM

The rocker style mom. on/off/mom. on tilt switch started acting up last week. The problem is in the "up" tilt action. It would work, then not work, then work. I put a brand new Sea Choice switch on today and it is doing the same thing. It will not go up, but it will go down. The tilt trim switch on my outboard works both ways. The tilt trim lever at my steering wheel works both ways. I'm miffed.
Posted By: PaulGrapevine

Re: Non-Functioning BOW tilt rocker switch - 09/02/21 03:30 AM

I’d get a volt meter after it. Check out the wire where it is crimped on the spade that hooks onto the up switch. The wire could also be damaged somewhere along the way.
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Non-Functioning BOW tilt rocker switch - 09/02/21 11:31 AM

Definitely a bad connection or bad wire. Since it only messes up in the up mode. Your trouble is in that wire of the circuit. It’s a common ground with a up wire and a down wire. If it was a ground then both would be acting up. As Paul said, check the end at the switch you changed and follow it back from there. Could be just a loose spade connection at the switch. Good luck
Posted By: boatman025

Re: Non-Functioning BOW tilt rocker switch - 09/02/21 03:50 PM

Sounds like you have blue wire for up is broke are not hooked up
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Non-Functioning BOW tilt rocker switch - 09/02/21 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by boatman025
Sounds like you have blue wire for up is broke are not hooked up

About right. The blue wire had simply fallen off and I couldn't see any extra wires amongst all of the others under there. It's working now.

Thanks to all!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum