Texas Fishing Forum

Small boat mod to help with storage

Posted By: Jake Blood

Small boat mod to help with storage - 05/09/21 09:03 PM

Could not fish Saturday since the wind was a bit much for my liking, so I decided to mod my boat a bit to better organize the storage I have. As you can see from the pictures I have a before and two afters where I put some aluminum rails in place that are spaced just wide enough to hold some baskets I bought. It allows me to slide the baskets back and forth to get to any items I have below them. Here i am able to keep the stuff I have to access most often, like baits, scale, pliers etc... Normally when I am retying I like to sit on the center cover, and when the stuff I need is in there I have to pull everything out close the cover, sit down retie.. and then when I am done put everything back. This way I am able to sit down, open the side cover and I have access to everything I need for my most common set ups.

Really cheap project, simple assembly and I love having the ease of access to the things I use most. I also didn't like, that in most of my compartments, I use the bottom of the space only, while the top of the space is wasted unless you stack which I do not like to do. This is a win win all the way around.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Small boat mod to help with storage - 05/10/21 12:19 AM

Very tidy.
I need to do something like that instead of digging around for everything.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum