Texas Fishing Forum

NOCO Battery Charger

Posted By: carb

NOCO Battery Charger - 04/24/21 11:40 PM

Considering pulling the trigger on a NOCO battery charger mainly to have on the boat. Thinking the GB40 would be good enough for my 2 stroke 150 Pro XS. Anyone had to use one in a pinch and it came thru or opinions on how long they last?
Posted By: pop r

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/25/21 01:40 AM

I have a GB40 I take on board the rest of the time it stays in my truck. I've only had to use it once on my Mercury 175 and it worked great. I have also used it on my Honda 500 atv, my 60hp JD tractor, and several people in parking lots with bad batteries that wouldn't start their auto. thumb
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/25/21 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by carb
Considering pulling the trigger on a NOCO battery charger mainly to have on the boat. Thinking the GB40 would be good enough for my 2 stroke 150 Pro XS. Anyone had to use one in a pinch and it came thru or opinions on how long they last?

You do realize that you're talking about a "jump starter" and not a charger? They are different.
I have had a GB50 since they were introduced. I have started a 5.3L V8 that would only click the starter solenoid on a cold day. Also cranked numerous smaller vehicles and other items like large lawn mowers, generators, etc. It has never failed to start what needed a boost. I've left mine in the truck for several months without charging and found it worked when needed. I take it out to charge occasionally, and it is typically topped off in an hour or so. Lithium technology has a very slow self-discharge rate.

I suggest you not leave it in the truck all day every day in the hot summer months. I had another brand fail when doing that.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/25/21 11:42 AM

Bought one last year when Amazon had them for 50% off. Keep in the boat as a just in case but thankfully haven't needed to use it yet.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/26/21 10:10 AM

Use one to start my riding mower
Posted By: fordnut

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/27/21 11:24 AM

I have one in my boat, one in my wifes car, one in my truck and recently gave one to my sister. Have had to use one of them at one time or another and it will start anything I've run across.

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/27/21 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by fordnut
I have one in my boat, one in my wifes car, one in my truck and recently gave one to my sister. Have had to use one of them at one time or another and it will start anything I've run across.

If Ford is the family brand, I can see that a good jumpstarter would be a mandatory item to have available at all times! roflmao bolt
Posted By: GTinTX

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/27/21 01:38 PM

I have the GB 40 and it has started several dead vehicles. Should work well if I ever need to use it on the boat. Good insurance.
Posted By: carb

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/27/21 11:36 PM

Okay now I am completely sold on this product. The daughter left her keys in her truck and it totally discharged the battery. Didn’t need the truck so waited the two days for this to come in. Read battery with dc voltmeter and it read about 2.2 volts. Hooked this baby up and it would not initially boost because voltage on truck was too low. Pushed the manual override and it cranked right up!

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 04/28/21 12:00 AM

Okay now I am completely sold on this product. The daughter left her keys in her truck and it totally discharged the battery. Didn’t need the truck so waited the two days for this to come in. Read battery with dc voltmeter and it read about 2.2 volts. Hooked this baby up and it would not initially boost because voltage on truck was too low. Pushed the manual override and it cranked right up!

They are essentially worth their weight in gold when you really really need them!
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: NOCO Battery Charger - 06/07/21 02:14 AM

That is a great choice!

Get a waterproof container to keep it in and you will be set. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum