Texas Fishing Forum

Tire Marks on Garage Floor

Posted By: duffer

Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/15/21 02:39 PM

Anyone have a secret potion to help remove tire marks on the garage floor? My garage floor is pretty marked up where I park the boat. I understand it is caused from polymers in the rubber so not much you can do to prevent it other than putting down cardboard or sheets of plywood. Now I just need to figure out how to clean the floors first. Thanks for any ideas!
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/15/21 04:42 PM

Brick masons use a certain kind of acid to clean bricks after a job. I don't remember what the acid is called but might talk to a brick mason.

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/15/21 06:21 PM

Great idea. I’ll do that. Thanks
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/18/21 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Brick masons use a certain kind of acid to clean bricks after a job. I don't remember what the acid is called but might talk to a brick mason.

Muriatic Acid. Follow the directions. I would first try WD40. One my previous boat, it removed all the shoe marks from the decking.

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/18/21 07:55 PM

Thanks. I have experience using Muratic acid in swimming pools - spilled some on the driveway and it did a number on the concrete. Think I’ll try the WD-40 but will be sure to water down the acid if I try that. I appreciate the advice.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/18/21 08:22 PM

I’d try a power washer first.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/18/21 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by duffer
Thanks. I have experience using Muratic acid in swimming pools - spilled some on the driveway and it did a number on the concrete. Think I’ll try the WD-40 but will be sure to water down the acid if I try that. I appreciate the advice.

I think the brick masons dilute it considerably before using it.
Posted By: 1442

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/21/21 10:39 PM

Brick masons use the acid solution to clean fresh mortar dust and stains off of newly laid brick walls.
The acid will not effect the rubber tire marks at all and will only etch the concrete around them.
I'd use some paint remover type product that will dissolve the rubber then wash the area real good.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/22/21 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
I’d try a power washer first.

^^^^ this

Power washer works for us.

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/22/21 07:58 PM

My experience with muriatic acid tells me to try everything else first which seems to be a consensus here too. Think I will try some powder cleanser and use a power washer. Hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks to all!
Posted By: El Skeeter

Re: Tire Marks on Garage Floor - 03/22/21 08:48 PM

Trailer jack has left a few skid marks that Magic Eraser cleaned right up. Unless your marks are quite numerous and larger could this be a possible solution?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum