Texas Fishing Forum

MK Ultrex

Posted By: WattoFish

MK Ultrex - 02/11/21 09:58 PM

I presume the Ultrex has multiple generations although not marketed as such.....slight improvements here and there vs. a full redo.

I have one on my 2018 Skeeter and it appears from looking at other Ultrex on newer boats they have some small cosmetic changes.

Are there any other "improvements" that were made to newer Ultrex units? Perhaps changes in the cable system or less noise from the motorized head?

Curious if MK is going to introduce an improved model that would include a brushless motor, etc.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: MK Ultrex - 02/11/21 11:55 PM

They have made improvements the most recent is that you can get the humminbird mega imaging transducer as your built in trolling motor transducer, and they added a jog feature on the remote control.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/arti...motors-featuring-built-mega-side-imaging
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MK Ultrex - 02/13/21 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ToadThrower
They have made improvements the most recent is that you can get the humminbird mega imaging transducer as your built in trolling motor transducer, and they added a jog feature on the remote control.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/arti...motors-featuring-built-mega-side-imaging

I have one of the very first units made. It has the jog feature. That’s not new.

I recently changed mine, cosmetically, to look like a new one. I bought two new side covers. Haha any other changes must all be internally. I know cables were updated in diameter once and the mount where the trolling motor attaches to the swing arm is slightly different. But looks the same.

I think the only significant changes were the sonar options.
Posted By: ToadThrower

Re: MK Ultrex - 02/15/21 02:52 AM

I stand corrected... I upgraded to the latest Ultrex with built in mega transducer from a first gen Terrova which was one of the first trolling motors to have spot lock...but it did not have a jog feature... With the spot lock feature which is one of my favorite features...and it is much improved over the original Terrova...the next is the jog feature...I also have the I-pilot link so it is networked with my graphs and being able to control the motor from the graph is handy at times too.. ..like follow the contour...nice except it does not see obstacles like stumps or tree in the path...haha...
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: MK Ultrex - 02/17/21 01:44 PM

I have a boat partner that fishes with me. He was in charge of anchor management until I bought the Ultrex. He said good thing it comes with a lifetime warranty. I said no, it is a one year warranty. He said no, if it ever breaks I'm buying you another one. grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum