Texas Fishing Forum

Motor Rises When Trailering

Posted By: peepearl

Motor Rises When Trailering - 12/15/20 04:28 PM

Hello,

I recently replaced the seals and O-rings on my tilt cylinder of my Evinrude 225 motor. All seemed to go well, but, when I am trailering and hit a bump in the road my motor will rise upwards and stay up, another bump and it will rise a little higher. I have both ends of the transom saver bungeed to not lose another transom saver. I did everything I know to do to bleed the cylinder, it still tends to bounce a little when running tilt down, gets smooth when gets to the trim tabs.

What am I doing wrong? Things I can try to bleed the cylinder more? Anything I am missing to prevent the motor from bouncing up when trailering?

Thanks
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Motor Rises When Trailering - 12/15/20 05:01 PM

Sounds like theirs still some air in the system.
Posted By: Micheal

Re: Motor Rises When Trailering - 12/18/20 02:23 PM

One of your trim switches is bad. May have gotten water in it. When it reaches full up, the motor will continue to run and burn it up.
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Motor Rises When Trailering - 12/21/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Micheal
One of your trim switches is bad. May have gotten water in it. When it reaches full up, the motor will continue to run and burn it up.
This. Luckily, I was close by when it went decided to become a full time problem. A $20 switch almost burned up my trim motor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum