Texas Fishing Forum

Cleaning bottom of boat

Posted By: hogcard

Cleaning bottom of boat - 08/21/20 12:20 PM

Just took possession of my new to me 2018 ZX200. The previous owner lived on a lake so the boat sat in water all the time. The bottom of the boat as well as prop appears to have a lot of scale buildup. I’ll clean the prop with CLR or something. How do you suggest I clean the bottom side of the boat while it’s on the trailer and what with?
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Cleaning bottom of boat - 08/21/20 02:37 PM

Someone posted a recipe on here a while back for a hull cleaner using paint thinner and powder laundry detergent. You might try it. If cleaning on the trailer you will either need to lift the boat off the trailer or remove bunks. I replaced a bunk on mine with a board and a floor jack. Not sure that is something you would want to do since you would have to remove all of them at some time. Best option is to find a dealer and rent the lift if possible. Liability would probably come in to play there.
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: Cleaning bottom of boat - 08/22/20 02:53 AM

I don't know what fiberglass hull products they make, but 303 makes some awesome vinyl upholstery cleaner and preservative. I used it on my 28 year old Champion bass boat seats and it did an incredible job. I know they make all kinds of car cleaning products.

Wayne
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum