Texas Fishing Forum

Seller's Market for Boats?

Posted By: Jimfishes

Seller's Market for Boats? - 08/20/20 03:24 AM

Based on my experience yesterday, we might be experiencing a seller's market for used bass boats. While working in my garage, a guy driving through my neighborhood, pulls into my driveway and asked if I would consider selling my boat sitting in the garage? I replied, "everything is for sale if the price is right"....just joking. He gets out of truck and starts looking over my bass boat and then asked how much I would take? I said, "it's not for sale, but you are welcome to make an offer since you are here." He made a low offer and I said, "well you need to keep looking, and do some research before making any offers." He asked what I would take and I gave him a firm selling price. He actually increased his offer another $7000 and was within $1500 of my "don't want to sell it price." He pulled cash money out of his pocket and tried hard to buy the boat. But I told him I was going to keep it because I didn't want to have to replace it. He took pictures and got my cell in case he decided to pay my price. My wife was shocked someone would just stop when they saw a boat in someone's garage and try to buy it. I told her that maybe it was tough to find a clean used boat within his budget. Anyone ever have something like this happen to them?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Seller's Market for Boats? - 08/20/20 09:58 AM

with the number of popular brands that have gone off market I think there is a shortage of new so used go up.
cost of new is probably a huge factor too, 70-100k for a boat is a pretty serious outlay for most.

I know champions are selling at a premium, a couple of other brands I sort of follow are bringing good money too.
Posted By: wh2004

Re: Seller's Market for Boats? - 08/20/20 12:31 PM

Been a sellers market like I’ve never seen on boats for about 3 months at least
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Seller's Market for Boats? - 08/20/20 01:23 PM

Ive had several guys tell me that they want my boat, and call them if I want to sell...at ramps, gas stations, etc.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Seller's Market for Boats? - 08/20/20 01:38 PM

Yep, I'm about to sell mine due to buying a new one
Posted By: tractorman

Re: Seller's Market for Boats? - 08/23/20 01:39 AM

I have several for sale ! champion, charger, Ranger, Stratos, aluminum, Offshore, aaaaaaaand a duckboat !!

chad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum