Texas Fishing Forum

Bass boat trailer bow/ winch stand

Posted By: RickS

Bass boat trailer bow/ winch stand - 07/08/20 06:57 PM

I would like to find a winch/ bow stand for my 98 Nitro 800 bass boat. I was told by my dealer that the trailer is too old to get parts from the original supplier. I have searched extensively online and can't find a match.Does anyone know of a good source for this? Thanks
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Bass boat trailer bow/ winch stand - 07/08/20 07:50 PM

take it to a welding shop they can build you one an put your winch an rollers on it.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bass boat trailer bow/ winch stand - 07/09/20 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by ssmith
take it to a welding shop they can build you one an put your winch an rollers on it.

this ^ ^ find a picture, take boat with you so they can measure and let them weld r up.
Posted By: rb7764

Re: Bass boat trailer bow/ winch stand - 07/09/20 05:56 PM

Do you have access to a very basic stick welder? If so, these are VERY easy to make. If you do, you can make one from scratch or get a used one and modify it to fit your boat/trailer. For stuff like this, no need for MIG or TIG necessarily. They will work too, but stick is easier.
Posted By: RickS

Re: Bass boat trailer bow/ winch stand - 07/09/20 07:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. What happened was one of the bow roller brackets cracked.Had my cousin weld it but It's not square anymore.
Posted By: rb7764

Re: Bass boat trailer bow/ winch stand - 07/10/20 07:37 PM

Grind the weld off. Heat the metal and then square it up. Then weld, but this time slower and at lower amps - not so much heat. The 'get a bigger hammer' approach does not work with welding. Blow outs (holes) and warped work is usually the end result. Harbor freight and similar places sell a very simple 110V MIG welder that is very easy to use and does not require gas. I have had one of those for years that I use from time to time. I think I paid $89 for it. Is it as good as my MUCH more expensive Miller welder? No. But if I am working on something that doesn't need to be pretty and just needs to hold, it is good enough. Plus, being 110V, I can use it most anywhere. Watch some Youtube videos and see if you can do it yourself.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum