Texas Fishing Forum

BLUEWAVE GELCOAT AND FIBERGLASS ISSUES

Posted By: slothman

BLUEWAVE GELCOAT AND FIBERGLASS ISSUES - 07/06/20 03:47 PM

I have a 2015 bluewave 2200 stl and having fiberglass/gelcoat issues. the day I picked up the brand new boat I realized when I got it home that there were three blisters on the side of the boat in the gelcoat. It was repaired under warrantee. Now the other day we hit something submerged in the water at barely on plane speed which caused about a 12 inch dent in the bottom of the boat near the keel. Of course I contacted my insurance and going through the process. I also contacted a reputable experienced fiberglass repair service and was told that fiberglass does not dent like that and sounds like a structural or fiberglass issue. Im taking it to him tomorrow to look at it but was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences with Bluewave boats or any comments on a dent in fiberglass or the original blisters.

Attached picture IMG_4979.jpg
Posted By: boatman025

Re: BLUEWAVE GELCOAT AND FIBERGLASS ISSUES - 07/06/20 04:44 PM

Classic Fiber Glass Sanger , Vic's Rowlett
Posted By: lurenthewind

Re: BLUEWAVE GELCOAT AND FIBERGLASS ISSUES - 07/06/20 08:20 PM

I have a 1992 Champion that I got hung up on a stump at Lavon. Cracked the Gel Coat but no structural damage. It is at Classic Fiberglass in Sanger right now with $4400 damage, and I was on the trolling motor when I hit the stump and got high centered. Tried to get it off every way I knew how. Finally had to crank the gas motor and back it off. I was in 25-26' of water when this happened and never saw what I hit either before I hit it or after I got it off.

Wayne
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum