Texas Fishing Forum

A run on boats...

Posted By: wh2004

A run on boats... - 07/02/20 02:29 AM

Are boat sales off the charts or what? I’ve been trying to find a boat a month now.
Started out wanting a specific tracker and everywhere in the state is sold out.
Now looking at Xpress. A dealer in Alabama 11 hours away has a few lol. But I’d like an upgraded tm which they say is hard to find right now.
I’m trying to avoid ordering a boat and missing out on the whole summer. Maybe I’m going to Alabama.
Geez
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 03:13 AM

Yes all the manufacturers are running skeleton crews or no crews at all.

They still show both of the 190 TX Tourney Editions with 115's on it here in Lufkin.

My offer still stands brother!

I can run by there tomorrow and look at them and tell you whatever you want to know about them. cheers

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

They still show both of the 190 TX Tourney Editions with 115's on it here in Lufkin.

I can run by there tomorrow and look at them and tell you whatever you want to know about them. cheers

If you don’t mind doing that I would really appreciate it. I forgot all about that to be honest. I thought the salesman called me and said it only had a 90 on it but I think that was the jasper salesman.
Specifically looking for the white with 115 pro xs and vinyl flooring. Would love to upgrade the trolling motor to ultrex but not sure that place would do that.

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by wh2004
Originally Posted by BigDozer66

If you don’t mind doing that I would really appreciate it. I forgot all about that to be honest. I thought the salesman called me and said it only had a 90 on it but I think that was the jasper salesman.
Specifically looking for the white with 115 pro xs and vinyl flooring. Would love to upgrade the trolling motor to ultrex but not sure that place would do that.

I'll go by and see.

It doesn't give all the details on them on the website but it did say 1 was white and the other was red I think.
cheers

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 05:39 AM

If they sell ranger, xpress, Lund, or G3 and have any 18 footers please let me know. X18 pro in the xpress.
I’ll pm my phone number.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 12:43 PM

To answer your question, Yes! Boat sales are booming and not just in Texas. All my contacts in the industry say they are enjoying a great year.

You figure between the Covid business closures and low interest rates, more and more people are heading outdoors. My 2 local lakes have been packed on weekdays during this Covid mess.

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
To answer your question, Yes! Boat sales are booming and not just in Texas. All my contacts in the industry say they are enjoying a great year.

You figure between the Covid business closures and low interest rates, more and more people are heading outdoors. My 2 local lakes have been packed on weekdays during this Covid mess.

Most of our lakes have been jammed packed during the week as well. hammer
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 01:21 PM

yes, excellent boat sales, and low production make for a low inventory at the dealerships.

i'm having one of the best years ever in just jack plates sales.

we've been fortunate enough to sell alot of Legend Craft alum boats and are finalizing a deal to become a Mercury dealer.

Re: A run on boats... - 07/02/20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by steve@hydrodynamics
yes, excellent boat sales, and low production make for a low inventory at the dealerships.

i'm having one of the best years ever in just jack plates sales.

we've been fortunate enough to sell alot of Legend Craft alum boats and are finalizing a deal to become a Mercury dealer.

Congrats brother! cheers

I'm in the AC Wholesale business and there are a lot of people who have decided they don't need or they don't have the money to change their AC systems right now.

We are doing a lot of sales in repair parts which has hurt or business some but not as bad as the ones who have been forced to shut down. frown
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: A run on boats... - 07/03/20 02:18 AM

Not sure about boats but i know a lot of trolling motors are on backorder. I have been looking at 5Is and they have been about a month out. I will just make it through summer with my Great White. I have not seen a new or used truck on Rockwall Toyotas lot for weeks with the dxception of 1 F150 but who wants one of those.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: A run on boats... - 08/04/20 11:17 PM

This explains alot! I'm shopping, and the inventory is very limited right now, frustrating. I'm guessing next year

Re: A run on boats... - 08/06/20 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by TreeBass
This explains alot! I'm shopping, and the inventory is very limited right now, frustrating. I'm guessing next year

What are you looking for? hmmm

Re: A run on boats... - 08/06/20 11:55 AM

Center console, bay / hybrid, 19-21', yamaha eng 115-200 preferred

Re: A run on boats... - 08/08/20 01:30 AM

Would something along the lines of a 2020 G3 Bay 20 DLX Tunnel w/ a Yamaha 150 SHO be something that would fit the bill? noidea

If so shoot me a PM and I'll give you some details. cheers

Re: A run on boats... - 08/09/20 01:10 PM

good looking boat, but its aluminum. We've decided glass is the direction we want to go. Looking at Tidewater and Nauticstar right now. thanks
Posted By: hopalong

Re: A run on boats... - 08/09/20 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by wh2004
If they sell ranger, xpress, Lund, or G3 and have any 18 footers please let me know. X18 pro in the xpress.
I’ll pm my phone number.

call sartin marine in yantis, he has some on the lot I think.

Re: A run on boats... - 08/12/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by TreeBass
good looking boat, but its aluminum. We've decided glass is the direction we want to go. Looking at Tidewater and Nauticstar right now. thanks

soldier
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum