Texas Fishing Forum

Vibration

Posted By: retiredfire

Vibration - 06/08/20 11:27 AM

A couple weeks ago I got some mono fishing line around my prop. I'm not really sure how long it was on there before I noticed it, not very long. Now I seem to have a vibration at low idle and was wondering if that could have caused it. Do I need to replace the water pump or what do I need to check for? Thanks
Posted By: Coolarrow

Re: Vibration - 06/08/20 12:07 PM

Mono around the prop shaft will take a seal out for sure. I check mine often for it. Trolling motor too. As far as a vibration, when you reinstalled the prop did you make sure all spacers and washers were put in properly? If so, have you hit anything recently. I would spin the prop looking for a bent prop or prop shaft. I have bent prop shafts in the past. I don’t see how the mono would create a vibration by its self. My .02
Posted By: retiredfire

Re: Vibration - 06/08/20 06:50 PM

I am pretty sure everything is back right, don't notice the prop bent. Forgot to mention its on a Yamaha 90 four stroke.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Vibration - 06/08/20 10:44 PM

Do you have a Steel Prop? Sometime this has the "Fly Wheel Effect" due to the heavy prop, Steel props are harder to turn.. Mid range engines may be better off using an aluminum one.
Posted By: texastkikker

Re: Vibration - 06/12/20 08:13 PM

I know its not apples to apples.....but on my sport-fisher last summer capt. and I were on the bridge while running 100 miles offshore......we instantly felt a "new" vibration while standing on the bridge doing 30 knots. wasn't there the day before when running. He jumped in the water and pulled off about 30 feet of 80 lbs. mono from the stbd shaft just before the prop........vibration gone.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum