Texas Fishing Forum

Cobra viper 201 bass boats

Posted By: Meathunter72

Cobra viper 201 bass boats - 05/27/20 02:11 PM

I am about ready to purchase a Cobra Viper 201 bass boat that has a 06 Mercury Optimax with 450 hrs on it. This boat is in excellent shape and has been completely gone through. I am purchasing this boat to run 7 high school tournaments this year and then plan to sell...my question has anyone ever heard of the Cobra and is there any kind of a market for them? Im worried this boat will be a hard resale. Please any information or comments about these boats is appreciated. FYI im a Minnesota guy trolling Forum for information on this boat.

Attached picture 20200525_135231.jpg
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Cobra viper 201 bass boats - 05/27/20 08:47 PM

I've had 3 and never found a thing I didn't like about them. Great riding boats and always loved the layout. I still think they're one of the best looking boats ever made.
Posted By: 1442

Re: Cobra viper 201 bass boats - 05/28/20 01:45 AM

I had a team partner with one that we fished out of sometimes around 2004.
It was a good boat, seemed well built and the electrical wiring was well done.
We speared a lot of waves though and it didn't perform very well because he kept the starboard rod box level full of soft plastics.
I bet he had a few hundred pounds of every size shape and color bait you could imagine in that rod box and they stayed dry somehow. It would get across the lake and seemed to fish good. Never developed any stress cracks and seemed like it was very sturdily built.
The tube trailer broke in two and had to be replaced once. Then it was T- boned in the side by someone who ran a red light and totaled out.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Cobra viper 201 bass boats - 06/02/20 11:46 PM

I'm on my 2nd Cobra. They have a following. I think they're just like any used boat, if it's priced right you won't have any trouble selling it.
Posted By: anthonyhicks101

Re: Cobra viper 201 bass boats - 06/07/20 03:23 PM

What year is it? The reason I ask, those are either original seats or they were replaced with a set at some point from Dean's, the folks who made them for Cobra. Looks to be a well taken care of boat. I have a 1999 201d that was my dream rig but haven't been able ti use it for the last few years due to health, now it needs a little work to get back running (fuel system rebuild) but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend on quality.
John Story designed the hull. Also designed HAWK Bass Boats, Champion, and Legend.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum