Texas Fishing Forum

Updated!! Installed a Ladder on the boat

Posted By: parttime

Updated!! Installed a Ladder on the boat - 09/03/19 08:15 PM

UPDATED!! I followed Pat's recommendation and also updated the video.
I wanted a ladder that I could install on my boat both for safety, and convenience. It turned out to be a pretty easy install.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Installed a Ladder on the boat - 09/03/19 11:12 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO
Never ever think something like that is going to live just getting screwed into fiberglass. It won't.
Thru bolted, sealed and tight will live, that [censored] won't
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Installed a Ladder on the boat - 09/04/19 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff
NO NO NO NO NO NO
Never ever think something like that is going to live just getting screwed into fiberglass. It won't.

+1, mine is bolted I would never do it another way

Re: Installed a Ladder on the boat - 09/04/19 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pat Goff
NO NO NO NO NO NO

So don't use screws is what you are trying to say?? LOL I did go back and forth about that but like I said, others mounted this way and had no issues. But I am going to go back and pull the screw and replace them with through bolts. I'll have to add an update to the video. Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Installed a Ladder on the boat - 09/04/19 10:39 PM

Anything just screwed into fiberglass has a short life span. I don't like being a jerk, but sure didn't want to not be clear.
More than that, someone lurking and watching that video would think that's the proper way to do it. The first time your fat brother in law used it, it would start to pull out, and then crack, and then just fall out with nasty holes to fix.

Re: Installed a Ladder on the boat - 09/16/19 01:53 PM

It’s all good Pat, I appreciate your honesty and knowledge. I re-did it and updated the video.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum