Texas Fishing Forum

Going to get my first jon boat Thursday

Posted By: Ryan B

Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/23/19 11:40 PM

Hey guys, I’m really excited to be going to buy my first boat this Thursday. It’s a War eagle model 648 with a 1998 25 Hp Mercury 2 stroke. I have already checked it out in person and it’s in pretty good condition. It’s gonna need a carb cleaning and the basic maintenance done to it which luckily I know how to do. So here’s my question, what’s y’all thoughts on the war eagle boats and mercury motor? Im really happy about being able to finally get my self a jon boat. I’ve been saving and working so long to get one and finally the day is coming true.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/25/19 12:24 PM

Congratulations for getting your first boat! Always wear ypur PFD so you can enjoy that boat for many years to come. Post a pic of yor boat
Posted By: dobbin

Re: Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/25/19 02:05 PM

Congrats.... If you have not herd this you will many times as you get a boat and sale a boat... There are 2 happy days in a boat owners life.....The day he buys it and the day he sales it.....Enjoy
Posted By: txhunter26

Re: Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/26/19 07:16 PM

War eagle makes a good boat. I wouldn't really call it a Jon boat since it's a all welded boat and over 18" sides. They tend to be a heavier boat but the hull will last you. That merc is a good motor, you can find a gasket kit to rebuild the carbs for about 50-60 on boats.net. It would help to looking into a PT-35 if the boat doesn't one already. I'm currently running the same motor on 648 tracker with PT plate and run about 25 mph loaded with a SS prop. That motor will sip on the gas but i wish it wasn't a single carb.
Posted By: jvc58dke

Re: Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/30/19 04:04 AM

Congrats!!!
Posted By: ADDICTED 2 FISHING

Re: Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/30/19 02:22 PM

Congrats! War eagle boat are nice, and mercury outboards have been good to me! Like most things, take care of it and it will take care of you. Great combo.. cheers
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/30/19 05:46 PM

i've sold a couple of the war eagles ( took on trade for my new Havocs). seem to be really good boats.

those lil mercs are good engines. no issues there. run good fuel and make sure the fuel lines are updated.

depending on where you live.. .i can put the new blue line on at a reasonable price if your interested.
Posted By: Ryan B

Re: Going to get my first jon boat Thursday - 07/31/19 03:40 AM

Thanks man.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum