Texas Fishing Forum

Johnson Fastrike 175 Charging System

Posted By: AGSWON

Johnson Fastrike 175 Charging System - 07/02/19 08:11 PM

What gets replaced on these Johnson Fastrikes when the battery charging system starts to get weak? I notice this weekend that I'm only getting about 13.0 - 13.5 volts when running 4k rpm. I use to get 14.0 - 14.5 volts. Not sure why it is getting weak, but the battery is almost brand new AGM Interstate. I replaced it about 5 months ago. The running battery seems to be losing charge very quickly during a day of fishing.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Johnson Fastrike 175 Charging System - 07/02/19 10:03 PM

Regulator-rectifier but I would have that battery checked out because I just had a 34-agm go bad in 2 months.
Posted By: boatman025

Re: Johnson Fastrike 175 Charging System - 07/03/19 01:33 PM

Check all ground and get battery checked before spending money on a regulator
Posted By: AGSWON

Re: Johnson Fastrike 175 Charging System - 07/03/19 01:44 PM

I took the battery out and had it checked yesterday evening. It was good. I notice the drop in voltage most during idling. I can't run my fish finder and aerator at the same time when idling without my volts dropping below 11 which turns off the fish finder and aerator. It's really frustrating. When the engine isn't on, I can't run the aerator and fish finder without dropping volts below 11 also. If the aerator pump is going bad, do they pull more voltage than when new? Maybe this is my problem.
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: Johnson Fastrike 175 Charging System - 07/03/19 04:08 PM

Sounds like a grounding issue to me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum