Texas Fishing Forum

94 Johnson FS 150 fuel issues

Posted By: BwdMan

94 Johnson FS 150 fuel issues - 06/17/19 05:33 PM

I have this engine and it starts and idles good. When I try to get on plane it is like it is running out of gas. The bulb is always soft again after it has been shut off for more than 15 minutes. If I pump the bulb again it will get on plane and run good until I stop and fish. I have looked and it doesn't appear to be leaking gas anywhere. The bulb is new and the line is good. It has a water separator filter in-line and it doesn't leak either. Any idea what the reason is?
Posted By: EZ_Legend

Re: 94 Johnson FS 150 fuel issues - 06/18/19 08:41 PM

Push in the key "choke" it when it starts bogging and if it runs normal then I would lay money down that your carburetor bowls are warped.

You can search some of my old posts and you will find I battled this for MONTHS!

Re: 94 Johnson FS 150 fuel issues - 06/18/19 08:47 PM

I looked it up for you. See my "disclaimer" on the sale add. The guy that bought it spent $250 on new bowls and it ran perfect. I had just done that, so that is why I didn't revisit the bowl issue.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...ded-last-call-reduced-price#Post12722768

Re: 94 Johnson FS 150 fuel issues - 06/18/19 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by EZ_Legend
I looked it up for you. See my "disclaimer" on the sale add. The guy that bought it spent $250 on new bowls and it ran perfect. I had just done that, so that is why I didn't revisit the bowl issue.

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...ded-last-call-reduced-price#Post12722768

Well... re-reading that, it doesn't give much detail. I'll send you a PM
Posted By: MATTSUEY

Re: 94 Johnson FS 150 fuel issues - 06/19/19 04:06 PM

have you replaced the tank to through hull fitting fuel line? My old boat (93 Johnson 200) did exactly the same thing you are referring to,never leaked gas, but air was getting into the line,i assume from the damn ethanol, pulled the line under the deck and it wouldnt even hold for a vacuum test. runs like a top now
Posted By: Bucketlist

Re: 94 Johnson FS 150 fuel issues - 06/20/19 12:21 PM

Change the pulse limiter. I have seen this work. It is a cheap fix if it works. A new one comes with a new fuel pump and is recommended to change with the pump.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum