Texas Fishing Forum

Ranger 185vs Foot Tray

Posted By: mak123

Ranger 185vs Foot Tray - 02/03/19 09:04 PM

Hi. I own a 2004 Ranger 185 VS. I want to add a recessed foot tray. I am looking for a reputable authorized Ranger boat tech to do the install. I do not know the best tray to install either. Please let me know your recommendations for someone that can do the job correctly including drain routing. I love my Ranger so this is a big deal to me. Thank you. I live in Keller Texas. I have a minn Kota maxim but want something for upgrades as well.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Ranger 185vs Foot Tray - 02/03/19 09:33 PM

You can buy the trays on Ebay. Just check the dimensions that match your foot control. I bought mine there and installed it myself. Actually pretty easy. All you need is a sharpie, drill and a jig saw.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Ranger 185vs Foot Tray - 02/04/19 12:29 AM

Check Black Bear Sports. Got mine on sale for $50. Its easy to install but measure, measure, and measure again.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ranger 185vs Foot Tray - 02/04/19 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Topwater2
Check Black Bear Sports. Got mine on sale for $50. Its easy to install but measure, measure, and measure again.

“I cut the hole 3 times....AND ITS STILL TOO BIG!!!” Yeh. Don’t be that guy.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Ranger 185vs Foot Tray - 02/04/19 01:39 AM

Did I forget to mention to measure?
Posted By: mak123

Re: Ranger 185vs Foot Tray - 02/05/19 04:40 AM

Thanks. I am not handy enough to do myself. My luck is i cut a hole along with other stuff underneath. I have learned that better to accept what I don’t have experience with and leave to someone that does and does a lot. Really trying to find someone with experience putting in a Ranger boat and better a 185 Vs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum