Texas Fishing Forum

Water coming out of emergency hole on block of 60hp Mercury

Posted By: WyattYoung7

Water coming out of emergency hole on block of 60hp Mercury - 08/11/18 08:55 PM

I noticed a decrease in power that I had running my duck boat today and it later cut off while running. I noticed lots of water pouring out from under the cowling when it cut off and then I found that water was coming out from the emergency hole on the block, so I then cleared the regular [censored] hole thinking there was a blockage(there was a small chunk of dirt in there and it started peeing much better) but then I noticed as I get on the gas (in forward and reverse) water still shoots from the emergency hole while the regular [censored] hole continues to [censored] just fine.

Do I have a cracked water jet and the motor is trashed or is there a diaphragm cracked by the emergency hole or something? Any ideas are welcome, thanks.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Water coming out of emergency hole on block of 60hp Mercury - 08/12/18 01:12 AM

I don't about the emergency hole but I do know that the peez hole was plugged by mud dobbers. Had it happen twice and their won't be a third time. I roll up a piece of paper and plug it when not in use. Hope your emergency hole is an easy fix.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Water coming out of emergency hole on block of 60hp Mercury - 08/17/18 03:46 PM

Sounds like you may need to take it in for a professional evaluation.
Posted By: WyattYoung7

Re: Water coming out of emergency hole on block of 60hp Mercury - 08/18/18 02:00 AM

Update: I found a hole in the diaphragm of the thermostat housing. New part is on its way, and I'm hoping this solves the issue.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum