Texas Fishing Forum

90 Etec 2006 Tilt Troubles

Posted By: Khornet

90 Etec 2006 Tilt Troubles - 07/23/18 09:02 PM

I knowingly bought this tilt problem 3 years ago and decided to repair it as I have no trailer. Pump motor works and seals were allowing hydraulic fluid to pass over piston creating a fluid lock mess. I've replaced the seals and o rings inside piston and end cap and the unit accepted about 8 oz of fluid, but will not lift or lower more than a few degrees. It acts like it needs more fluid, but using a comealong to raise still doesn't seem to allow addition of more fluid. Manual bypass seals look good. Any ideas or recommendations for a good mechanic in the Athens area? Maybe a hydraulic pathway plugged or usual problem to these single ram units?
Posted By: Farrside

Re: 90 Etec 2006 Tilt Troubles - 07/25/18 03:41 AM

Have you checked the relief screw. I'd start there and make sure it closed other wise it just bypasses so you could lift by hand.
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: 90 Etec 2006 Tilt Troubles - 07/27/18 03:03 AM

Purge the air out of it.
Posted By: Khornet

Re: 90 Etec 2006 Tilt Troubles - 07/28/18 01:39 PM

Thanks for the replies. The manual bypass screw is tight. I will borrow a trailer and haul it out so I can try more effectively to purge the air and get a full fluid fill. Working on it hanging in the slip is a back killer. Maybe soon.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum