Texas Fishing Forum

2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems

Posted By: Cass Caldwell

2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/15/18 09:51 PM

Last night I was fishing an evening tournament and I went to start the engine and it wouldn't do anything, not even turn over. At first I thought it wasn't in neutral or that the kill switched was flipped, but that wasn't the case. I would get the normal beep when I turned the key, but that's it.

After messing around with it for 15 mins I couldn't figure it out, so I ended up having to get towed to the ramp. Before putting the boat on the trailer, I tried to crank it for the heck of it and it fired right up. I have checked it several times today in the garage and it's fine.

The battery is new and the connections are all tight. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. Kind of hard to diagnose something that is working, but I'd hate to get stranded again.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: OPTI

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/17/18 02:06 AM

I would suspect either keyswitch or main power relay intermediate electrical issues can be a bitch....OPTI

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/18/18 06:56 PM

Thanks for the info OPTI. Definitely frustrating. Used it Saturday and it didn't have a problem, but I'm sure the problem is going to show up again.

Originally Posted By: OPTI
I would suspect either keyswitch or main power relay intermediate electrical issues can be a bitch....OPTI
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/19/18 11:34 AM

Check the voltage going in and out of the main breaker. Have changed some with a voltage drop. Get the emergency ignition switch.

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/19/18 12:49 PM

Thanks Gary. Didn't know about the emergency ignitions switches. What are they called? Tried to Google them and didn't see anything. Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: gary purdy
Check the voltage going in and out of the main breaker. Have changed some with a voltage drop. Get the emergency ignition switch.
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/19/18 01:16 PM

Ranger carries the switch's and a couple other companies also carry's them. Or talk to Gary Purdy beings he gave you the information.
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/25/18 11:53 PM

Not to hijack your article but where in the world do people get motor insurance ? M y motor is 2012 motor and a mercury 200 pro xs and has not even got 100 hrs on it yet. Just would like to get some insurance on the motor and cannot find any company to say. Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/26/18 01:55 AM

You have to get the emergency ignition switch at Ranger.

Re: 2011 200HP Pro XS Starting Problems - 06/26/18 01:56 AM

It`s not insurance, extended warranty.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum