Texas Fishing Forum

2018 Ranger RT178C vs 2018 Lowe Stinger 175C

Posted By: MuglyFish

2018 Ranger RT178C vs 2018 Lowe Stinger 175C - 06/12/18 03:32 AM

I originally was going to get a center console, but all of the ones I liked are to tall for my garage door... After several weeks trying to find a solution, I decided to go back to what I know.. "Bass style aluminum boat"

That being said, I have it narrowed to these two.

Ranger = I really like the room and road storage on the RT178C. What I don't like is that there is a storage compartment where a recessed foot pedal would install along with the 5 year weld warranty vs the Lowe limited lifetime warranty on hull welds. I haven't heard bad things about Rangers aluminum having problems, but then again.. I haven't found alot of extensive information about them either.

Lowe = I like the recessed pedal and storage, but would need to do some modification or purchasing of rod tunes / holders for the inside rod storage as they aren't installed on the boat I am looking at. I have read and joined a Lowe boat facebook page and have heard several owners show cracks in welds on boats 2-3 years old. I know its all warrantied, but its still down time and the hassle of getting work. The plus side is it is lifetime warranty on the hull welds!

Does anyone have any experience with either of these boat models? Or has anyone know anything about the Ranger aluminum series of boats? I am looking at 2018 year versions of both. They both are very close in total price, so that isn't going to be a factor.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: 2018 Ranger RT178C vs 2018 Lowe Stinger 175C - 06/14/18 12:45 PM

I noticed the Ranger RT178 had a recessed foot pedal. You have to decide which is more important to you....the 178C layout or the recessed pedal. Personally, I like the Ranger but Lowe has been in business a long time and builds good stuff. I have a friend who owns a Ranger RT188 and loves it. I don't think you can make a bad decision either way on these boats, pick the layout you prefer and go fishing.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: 2018 Ranger RT178C vs 2018 Lowe Stinger 175C - 06/14/18 05:40 PM

Ranger, get a terrova, no need to have a foot pedal, but that is just me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum