Texas Fishing Forum

2018 SHO...wont start

Posted By: AMERICAN-TEXAN

2018 SHO...wont start - 06/07/18 01:55 PM

I have a new 2018 Skeeter ZX250 witH a 250 Sho

I went threw the "Break In Process by the book" and everything we going fine...

Yesterday evening I fished for about 4 hours...ONLY IDELING around...Never got on plane or anything close

I went to put the Boat on the trailer and GUNNED it on the trailer like normal (TURNED MOTOR OFF)

Checked the nose to make sure I was all the way up-I Wasn't so I started it back up and Tried to get another few inched farther up (TURNED MOTOR OFF again)

When I went to start the motor the 3rd time- IT WOULD CRANK AND NOT START???

Winched it on the trailer

The boat is LITERALLY brand new...I'm freaking out a little guys!

ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP...Couldn't even sleep last night thinking about it...

Going to try again to day...Any Fuses,Breakers, to check??

Thanks a million!
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/07/18 02:02 PM

Check your Kill switch lanyard?

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/07/18 02:07 PM

I did not check it I but I certainly will and report back...

Would there be anything else to check?

Lord I hope that's the issue-That would be great if so...
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/07/18 04:08 PM

If good Battery connections, master cut off switch. Start with easy stuff. Check fuses.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/07/18 04:25 PM

Kill switch I hope. Otherwise QUIT losing sleep over it. Its got warranty. At least it better have warranty. Use it. That's WHY you bought new. But, as I said before, quit losing sleep over a daggum boat. Only lose sleep because you stayed awake praying for a person. No material possession on this earth is worth losing sleep over. Only people. You're a BLESSED man if all that is well. Anything extra is a bonus. Enjoy that new rig and let the dealer lose sleep over it. I'd bet he don't if you bought it where I think you may have. He says his prayers & sleeps too. LOL
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/08/18 01:01 AM

Had some of the early models blow a fuel pump fuse. Never found a reason. Would not start and you could not hear the fuel pump. green fuse under a fuse box starboard side high on the motor.
Posted By: fordnut

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/08/18 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: 6BOOMER
Check your Kill switch lanyard?

I can't tell you how many times that's bit me in the butt. Now it's a part of the starting process.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/08/18 12:53 PM

Is it in neutral?

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/11/18 04:07 PM

Ok fellas- Kill switch was good...

I took it back out (After I posed), Wouldn't start again!

(Called F & S-Service)

Explained the situation and the Tech quickly gave me some quick tips

It was the 30amp Fuse under the motor cover-COIL PACK (Drivers side under small fuse cover box)

Now I'm back on water-Still not catching any(HA HA HA)
Posted By: militarybrat

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/12/18 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Curtbass
Kill switch I hope. Otherwise QUIT losing sleep over it. Its got warranty. At least it better have warranty. Use it. That's WHY you bought new. But, as I said before, quit losing sleep over a daggum boat. Only lose sleep because you stayed awake praying for a person. No material possession on this earth is worth losing sleep over. Only people. You're a BLESSED man if all that is well. Anything extra is a bonus. Enjoy that new rig and let the dealer lose sleep over it. I'd bet he don't if you bought it where I think you may have. He says his prayers & sleeps too. LOL
This^^^^ Take the dam thing back where ya got it let them fix it. Do not touch it until warranty expires that is what you paid for. I got a Skeeter nightmare story myself.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/12/18 07:11 PM

Wow...
I hope its resolved to your satisfaction.

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/13/18 11:40 AM

It's fixed- If the fuse pops again I'll take it back but for now I'm satisfied and grateful everything is working fine.

I figure it was a fluke deal and happy I was able to fix it myself and know what to do in the future

You never know when a little knowledge might come in handy...

heck,it could happen on tournament day!

Hope this helps somebody too (30amp Fuse-under motor cover-Drivers side labeled Coil)

Thanks Ya'll
Posted By: 9094

Re: 2018 SHO...wont start - 06/14/18 10:29 PM

Gotta ask. Did you pump up the bubble before you started it at the ramp?
I know some will say you don’t have to but you should. The fuel pump doesn’t keep the system pressurized when sitting.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum