Texas Fishing Forum

Trailer Repair

Posted By: blackhorse

Trailer Repair - 04/26/18 12:25 PM

Need new actuator, brakes will have to be overhauled also. To replace actuator will involve cutting trailer tongue off and welding new one on. Anyone know of a place in central Tx that does this kind of repair? Or Ft Worth
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Trailer Repair - 04/27/18 04:21 AM

?????? Cutting off trailer tongue???? Strange, never heard of having to do that to replace an actuator. Are you positive? What brand trailer is it? Don't take this as criticism please. Its just the first time ive ever heard tgat a tongue had to be cut off to change an actuator.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Trailer Repair - 04/27/18 09:22 PM

McGills Trailer & Props in Lewisville @ 972-436-7498. Very reasonable & top quality. Call them.

Re: Trailer Repair - 04/29/18 06:51 PM

understand I have never had to do this either. EZ Loader trailer. have looked up parts and this what i found.. If i am in error please point me in right direction
Posted By: Wise 1

Re: Trailer Repair - 04/29/18 10:50 PM

Seperate brake line from actuator,disconnect brake lockout wire. Then take the lock rings off one side of the two pins. Drive pins through the opposite side.once pins are removed the actuator can be slide out of the trailer tongue. There will be rollers and a plastic slide. Hope this helps.

Re: Trailer Repair - 05/02/18 05:01 PM

Thx
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Trailer Repair - 05/02/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Wise 1
Seperate brake line from actuator,disconnect brake lockout wire. Then take the lock rings off one side of the two pins. Drive pins through the opposite side.once pins are removed the actuator can be slide out of the trailer tongue. There will be rollers and a plastic slide. Hope this helps.

^^^^
This

But depending on your tongue, you may have to remove the lock rings and pins to slide out the inner member before your disconnect the brake line and reverse solenoid. On my trailer that's how it is. The back of the actuator is not exposed so it has to come out the front before you can do anything with it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum