Texas Fishing Forum

Required add ons for center console

Posted By: tonyguitarguy

Required add ons for center console - 03/05/18 04:22 AM

What kind of add ons do i need? I was thinking of adding lights in the boat to see where im walking around at and also a cigarette outlet for a phone charger. Anything else that i need that you guys recommend?
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Required add ons for center console - 03/05/18 03:39 PM

Saltwater or fresh?
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Required add ons for center console - 03/05/18 07:00 PM

I wish I had a wash down pump. I thought they were standard equip on Champs. I have 2 switches that do nothing. I have labelled covers for them and one is the pump not sure what the other is. I have thought about adding one. Brush and bucket works fine for now. I have led lights for the floor and a couple of ones that came with boat on the console. I would add compartment lights but don't night fish much these days. When my transom tie downs wore out I went with retractable ones that stay on trailer. Also added a 3' rail on back and 8 rod holders but I am a live bait fisherman. Not all on the rail.

Re: Required add ons for center console - 03/05/18 08:41 PM

Saltwater boat.

What kind of lights did you add on?

I am having trouble finding long wiring to install the cigarette lighter on the console and wire it to the back battery.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Required add ons for center console - 03/05/18 09:33 PM

I have MK Ulterra Riptide trolling motor, Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA, washdown, I have a 12 volt outlet in the glovebox for extra weather protection, I fish shallow often, so I have a pushpole. Marine radio (handheld is fine), you need a flare kit. Great battery charger. Extra lighting is great, but pay attention to how many volts you are pulling on everything electrical. If you have the room, two start batteries are a great idea. One dedicated to starting and one dedicated to running electronics.

Re: Required add ons for center console - 03/06/18 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Capt Craig
I have MK Ulterra Riptide trolling motor, Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA, washdown, I have a 12 volt outlet in the glovebox for extra weather protection, I fish shallow often, so I have a pushpole. Marine radio (handheld is fine), you need a flare kit. Great battery charger. Extra lighting is great, but pay attention to how many volts you are pulling on everything electrical. If you have the room, two start batteries are a great idea. One dedicated to starting and one dedicated to running electronics.

Captain, what kind of battery charger do you have? I need to get one.
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Required add ons for center console - 03/06/18 02:14 AM

I have the Minn Koto MK460. 4 Bank and 15 amp. I really like and have not had any issues.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum