Texas Fishing Forum

Trolling Motor Quit Working-Not battery or breaker that I know of

Posted By: rkd

Trolling Motor Quit Working-Not battery or breaker that I know of - 02/21/18 02:49 PM

Motorguide just quit working. Batteries are 100%. Fuse breakers are not blown. Everything is plugged in how it should be. The one difference is my boat sat out in this rain and cold for the last week while getting some but boat got soaked over the last few days. It's a 2002 Skeeter. Could it be a fuse? If so, where is the fuse to the trolling motor? Is there something that could have gotten wet which would cause TM to just quit? TM worked great before I dropped it. Asked the repair guys if they would have touched anything related to TM and they said no.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Trolling Motor Quit Working-Not battery or breaker that I know of - 02/22/18 01:00 AM

Maybe it just gave up the ghost.
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Trolling Motor Quit Working-Not battery or breaker that I know of - 02/22/18 01:41 AM

Check The trolling motor plug and the foot switch. Does the constant on work?
Posted By: rkd

Re: Trolling Motor Quit Working-Not battery or breaker that I know of - 02/22/18 02:28 PM

Good question Gary. Checked the foot switch. Constant On is NOT working. Rubber boot/switch on foot pedal is in good shape. My foot pedal is recessed and my drain hole is clogged/crimped so it sat in water a couple of inches deep. I took all the connections off from under the foot pedal and dried everything. The front dash where the tolling motor plus is located is working fine. My tilt button up front works good. Could it be IN the plug itself? Maybe one of the prongs not working or shorted out? I mentioned in a different post I heard one of my TM batteries boiling from the onboard charger. There's no telling how long it boiled so I wonder if that could be the issue?
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Trolling Motor Quit Working-Not battery or breaker that I know of - 02/23/18 12:35 PM

Yes, check the trolling motor plug. You may need to look at back of the plug-in. Take bow panel loose.
Posted By: DREAMIN TEAM

Re: Trolling Motor Quit Working-Not battery or breaker that I know of - 02/24/18 03:22 PM

Unless you are running 1 battery for the whole boat the dash working is on the start battery not the trolling batteries. Need a volt meter to check for voltage from battery thru trolling motor. This will give you the info you need. Too many possabilities at this point and not enough info. Just guessing at with current info
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum