Texas Fishing Forum

Power pole mounting question

Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Power pole mounting question - 02/09/18 12:16 AM

I just bought a power pole now I need the bracket but unsure of which one to get.
My raise/lower bolts sit very close to the end of the jackplate.
I can’t even tell the brand of my jackplate, it has Springfield on it. Never heard of a brand that makes jackplates from them.
What are my options?

Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/09/18 04:06 PM

first thing to do is... get rid of that jack plate.. they are prone to failure.

if your determined to keep it.. then getting sandwich brackets is the only option.

and with that jack plate.. your best option is to mount between the jack plate and the boat.
as that plate isn't strong enough to handle the extra weight mounting between the motor and jack plate.

i happen to have a take off 12" rapid jack magnum that is pre drilled for side mount brackets.
it's 300 TYD!
Posted By: steve@S2Marine

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/09/18 04:09 PM

that plate was made by RITE HITE for springfield marine.
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/09/18 04:48 PM

www.power-pole.com/plate-kit-motor-2-aft-6-rise-port
is the plate you will want if you keep the jack plate but as Steve has said those jack plates are junk. His offer on the rapid jack is a solid deal.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/10/18 10:11 PM

Can't go wrong on Steves deal.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/11/18 01:41 AM

If the jack plate ain't broke...don't fix it.

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/11/18 11:51 PM

It will be if he keeps running it. Hate to see a man lose a good motor over a cheap jackplate. Or worse.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/14/18 01:46 AM

Meeting up with steve Saturday to get the rapid jack installed!

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/14/18 04:00 AM

Atleast you'll have a quality JP you won't have to worry about. cheers Steves customer service is also top notch!!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/15/18 02:32 AM

Hopefully replacing a jack plate that isn't broke doesn't cause something else....you know....gel coat cracks, stains that will not be covered up by the "new" plate. Bolt holes lining up. Etc.

I'm a firm believer that if it ain't broke..don't try to break it.

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/15/18 03:31 AM

Bolt patterns on boats are pretty standard, (some BassCat are six instead of 4) Steve & other manufacturers make Jackplates for thOse rigs also. Motor bolt pattern is standard. Stain on gelcoat ain't a big issue. Easily taken care of. Gelcoat cracks are caused by oveetightening, soft or rotten transom, crushing. If you crack gelcoat tightening thru transom bolts,you've got serious issues more than gelcoat cracks. Ive done a few. Steve has done a few.....thousand!!!
If you were told, saw videos of several failures , & advised by numerous well informed boat riggers ,of one particular single brand of jackplate that fails& the company isn't even in business anymore, are you are going to keep running a 200+ horsepower motor on it??? That's up to you I guess, but , no whining when that one breaks off & lands on you or passenger slicing tall to pieces. Or your expensive outboard is submerged while running. I'm not doing it. I don't run Maypop tires on my vehicles or trailers either. Its a WELL KNOWN HIGH FAILURE RATE jackplate.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/17/18 03:58 AM

Check the video on the Champion owners forum on Bass Boat Central regarding Rite Hite plates

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=595653
Posted By: MyWifeHatesFishing

Re: Power pole mounting question - 02/28/18 02:57 AM

Ricky Taylor, how did it go?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum