Texas Fishing Forum

th marine boat alarm

Posted By: dimitri

th marine boat alarm - 01/31/18 07:24 PM

anybody got any experience with the th marine boat alarm ? good or bad please share........
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: th marine boat alarm - 02/01/18 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: dimitri
anybody got any experience with the th marine boat alarm ? good or bad please share........

It looks like a cheap piece of [censored] made by BullDog or K40. One of those two. Both are cheap Taiwan junk.

I'd opt for a Clifford motorcycle alarm and add pin switches to each lid. Get the two way recharging remote with one mile range and add idataLink smart phone interface for ultimate range. And GPS tracking if you'd like.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: th marine boat alarm - 02/01/18 12:58 AM

But.....NO I don't actually have experience with the TH version. I only have experience with 5 or so others that are the exact same as the TH, but branded differently. There is no regulation that requires the aftermarket 12v industry to adhere to ANY standard. So.....you see a lot of "me too" stuff for sale. This alarm, I think, is definitely one of those.

If you want an effective alarm, go with a brand that is marketed under the Directed Electronics Inc. umbrella. DEI only sells quality stuff. Their brands are Clifford, Avital, Viper, and one other that I'm forgetting. They are the Industry standard in 12volt alarm technology.
Posted By: dimitri

Re: th marine boat alarm - 02/01/18 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: dimitri

It looks like a cheap piece of [censored] made by BullDog or K40. One of those two. Both are cheap Taiwan junk.

I'd opt for a Clifford motorcycle alarm and add pin switches to each lid. Get the two way recharging remote with one mile range and add idataLink smart phone interface for ultimate range. And GPS tracking if you'd like.
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
But.....NO I don't actually have experience with the TH version. I only have experience with 5 or so others that are the exact same as the TH, but branded differently. There is no regulation that requires the aftermarket 12v industry to adhere to ANY standard. So.....you see a lot of "me too" stuff for sale. This alarm, I think, is definitely one of those.

If you want an effective alarm, go with a brand that is marketed under the Directed Electronics Inc. umbrella. DEI only sells quality stuff. Their brands are Clifford, Avital, Viper, and one other that I'm forgetting. They are the Industry standard in 12volt alarm technology.

thx sir
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: th marine boat alarm - 02/01/18 01:19 PM

If you're trying to protect a bass boat, get a lock r bar and be done with it. The ferals can still clean off a deck in ten seconds with an alarm that might or might not work.
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: th marine boat alarm - 02/01/18 01:42 PM

Lots of options that I have tried out.

I ended up going with magnetic reeds that worked the best.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum