Texas Fishing Forum

Help filling out for for boat title. One sure of 1 question on application

Posted By: infinity_656

Help filling out for for boat title. One sure of 1 question on application - 01/22/18 07:20 AM

In the tpwd form to transfer an outboard it says price. The outboard came with the boat so do I put 0
Or the price of the boat.
I figured out the forms for the boat title that was easy.
Posted By: Pat Goff

Re: Help filling out for for boat title. One sure of 1 question on application - 01/22/18 12:20 PM

You gotta split out the boat motor and trailer.

You're going to pay tax to the state on the boat and motor, to your county on the trailer.
Posted By: Curtbass

Re: Help filling out for for boat title. One sure of 1 question on application - 01/22/18 02:52 PM

^^^^^ this
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Help filling out for for boat title. One sure of 1 question on application - 01/22/18 03:06 PM

To elaborate slightly, if you paid say... 10,000 dollars for the whole rig, you would break it down to say, 5,000 for the boat, 4,000 for the motor, and 1,000 for the trailer. You then pay tax on each one. Do NOT put 10,000 down for all 3, as you will be forced to pay tax on 10,000 dollars 3 different times.
Posted By: infinity_656

Re: Help filling out for for boat title. One sure of 1 question on application - 01/22/18 04:38 PM

Thanks guys. I just realized I paid to much tax on my last
Boat I think I put the same price for boat and outboard.
This one I shall not make this mistake.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Help filling out for for boat title. One sure of 1 question on application - 01/22/18 11:52 PM

Do not forget about the trailer if you have one. That is also deducted from the boat total just as T-Racer explained.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum