Texas Fishing Forum

Boat trailer steps

Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Boat trailer steps - 11/13/17 02:29 AM

Was thinking about adding these to my trailer since I'm getting older and go by myself most the time. Looks like the Trick Steps are less likely to hit your vehicle if you have to turn sharply. Also if anybody has made some themselves? My brother was a welder and could probably make some if he had the right material. Thx for any advice.
Posted By: scruboak

Re: Boat trailer steps - 11/13/17 05:22 AM

There is an older gentleman at joe pool has what looks like a step ladder welded to his trailer and he insulated the arms as so not to hurt the boat, if it hit it. He is on a huge boat . He walks right up on the deck and is off to fish.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Boat trailer steps - 11/13/17 12:13 PM

Easy Step. Easily the best upgrade I've made in many years. So much easier and safer to access and egress the boat from the ground. I have no problem with the step contacting my truck bumper.

https://www.easystepsystem.com/
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Boat trailer steps - 11/13/17 03:11 PM

I installed 2 of these on my Ranger and really like them. 70.00 total from Amazon
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Boat trailer steps - 11/14/17 03:15 AM

Do you know if the regular Easy Steps will install ok as long as I don't use my swing away tongue?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Boat trailer steps - 11/14/17 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: 8upwithfishin'
Do you know if the regular Easy Steps will install ok as long as I don't use my swing away tongue?

Call them, or send an email with your particulars. They may know exactly what does and doesn't fit for your boat/trailer combination. They have a ton of pictures with mounted units on different trailers. It's how I determined mine would work.
Posted By: sandjohnny

Re: Boat trailer steps - 11/16/17 01:04 PM

My jack is in the middle . I wonder if they would work on my boat.
Johnny
Posted By: NITRO Z8

Re: Boat trailer steps - 11/18/17 03:27 PM

Easy steps are nice and will work om most trailers and the only thing I can say is they are heavy as heck so if you have a low rear end on your truck you best rethink the idea because like I said they are heavy build but don't get me wrong they are nice and work well. Call the east steps people and they will work with you. They are great people to deal with.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum