Texas Fishing Forum

Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options...

Posted By: MuglyFish

Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/06/17 06:33 PM

I asked about yesterday about the Penn brand options but got no replies as of yet.. Does anyone have any recommendations for the live bait reel options? I'm sure i will hear alot of shimano recommendations, but I am not willing to spend that kind of money at this time.. I am looking for other good reels that will hold up on big catfish with the baitrunner/live liner option

any ideas?
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/06/17 07:00 PM

I am a carper and I love my Okuma epixor bait feeders. Apparently they are not made any more. Look at the Okuma Avengers or Axeons and maybe Diawas. Take a look at this site. They are reasonable and ship fast. They specialize in carp gear. However, everything works just as well for catfish. Here are their choices of bait feeders.

https://www.bigcarptackle.com/rods-reels/reels/baitrunner
Posted By: MuglyFish

Re: Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/07/17 12:06 AM

Thanks for the reply.. I will check out the site smile
Posted By: Mat04

Re: Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/09/17 09:21 AM

I have a Okuma Avenger. It works great though the handle is a bit uncomfortable.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/10/17 08:34 PM

I am currently running 4 Okuma Avengers (ABF55) for my big cat rods. Each handled fish well over 50lbs (multiples over 30lbs) this spring without issue. I will be picking up 4 more of them to complete my catfish arsenal this fall. Great reels for the money. Love the baitfeeder to allow the fish to commit to the bait before I lock them down. The adjustable tension on the batifeeder makes it useful in just about every scenario.
Posted By: psycho0819

Re: Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/10/17 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Mat04
I have a Okuma Avenger. It works great though the handle is a bit uncomfortable.

Which handle? My ABF55's have the aluminum cylinder type knob/handle and I admit it took some getting used to.
Posted By: BigPoppa007

Re: Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/25/17 03:42 AM

Cabelas Salt Strikers

Salt Striker Baitfeed Click Here

Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Bait-Runner, Live liner, bait-feeder best options... - 10/25/17 05:39 PM

Might have to order me one of these. http://www.eposeidon.com/kastking-pontus-spinning-reel-16396
If they are made anywhere near as good as the round KastKing Rover casting reel it will be a good deal. They are on the heavy side but if used for still fishing it don't really matter.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum