Texas Fishing Forum

New Curado K

Posted By: HKArmy

New Curado K - 06/28/17 06:10 PM

http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fish/en/home/products/info/news/shimano-curado-k.html
Posted By: buggsboy

Re: New Curado K - 07/16/17 10:59 PM

I really hope they got the K series right. I have been disappointed in both the G and I series reels. The E series reels are my go to reels (along with Daiwa Tatulas). I hope they hit a home run with these.
Posted By: Diezel_Rocker

Re: New Curado K - 07/16/17 11:31 PM

It would be great if they made them in Japan again but that ain't going to happen.
Posted By: cobra201d

Re: New Curado K - 07/18/17 12:44 PM

Made in malay - stay away
bolt
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: New Curado K - 07/19/17 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: cobra201d
bolt

hmmm

I handled one a couple weeks ago, and can tell you, this will be the best selling Curado ever thumb
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: New Curado K - 07/27/17 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: lipjerk
bolt

hmmm

I handled one a couple weeks ago, and can tell you, this will be the best selling Curado ever thumb

Really... Guess we will see about that. Guys are still holding on the their old B and E series reels for a reason. The I series were not that great. Although that seems to be what Shimano does. Come out with really great reels and then next update is [censored]. It flip flops.
Posted By: turtdogg

Re: New Curado K - 07/28/17 09:48 AM

I've got one on order, should be delivered today. Got the 8 geared reel. Will post a review after a clean, bearing flush and trip.

Re: New Curado K - 07/28/17 11:44 PM

Got the curado today, like the longer handle and feels smoother out of the box than my e series curados. Like the size and I believe it will be the best seller ever, next to the original b series and e series.......

Re: New Curado K - 07/30/17 04:18 PM

Took the reel apart yesterday and did a complete cleaning and bearing flush. It freespools like crazy, very close to my 2 chronarch mgl's. Took it out today and fished with it for about 4 hrs. Didn't have a chance to test the drag system but power wise for a 8.5 geared reel, the power is there. Had no problem throwing a spro bronzeye frog 40+ yards. Had 2 brakes turned on and the svs set on 2, no backlashes and just as smooth as any reel I have in the boat. I honestly believe this is the best performing curado I have ever fished, and I've had every series except for the old red one. Do yourself a favor, buy one, you won't regret it.....
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: New Curado K - 08/02/17 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
bolt

hmmm

Really... Guess we will see about that. Guys are still holding on the their old B and E series reels for a reason. The I series were not that great. Although that seems to be what Shimano does. Come out with really great reels and then next update is [censored]. It flip flops.

Yes sir, you will start seeing more and more comments like turtdoggs, have you had a chance to handle one yet? I think you'd like it!
Posted By: parkershinsky

Re: New Curado K - 08/02/17 09:27 PM

thats a sweet reel. oh my.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: New Curado K - 08/03/17 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
bolt

hmmm

Yes sir, you will start seeing more and more comments like turtdoggs, have you had a chance to handle one yet? I think you'd like it!

Im a bit of a Daiwa nut at the moment lol. They are all I own. Ill probably wait until they go on sale somewhere before I try one out. Like Black Friday or something of that nature.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: New Curado K - 08/29/17 01:51 AM

Looking forward to getting my hands on one, I liked the I series.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum