Texas Fishing Forum

Line Color?

Posted By: Indianation65

Line Color? - 04/17/17 04:08 PM

Simple question...

Do any of you use colored line, and is so, what colors?

Are you against it, and why?

...------
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Line Color? - 04/17/17 04:31 PM

I use PowerPro only every reel in moss green. In most lakes, fish don't even notice it. In fresh water that is more clear or in salt, I use a 3 foot leader.

It puts a lot of fish in the boat.
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Line Color? - 04/18/17 12:42 AM

Nope....
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Line Color? - 04/19/17 04:42 PM

I really like the color of Bass On for E. Texas lakes.
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Line Color? - 04/20/17 12:56 PM

I saw some tournament fisherman's setups the other day, and there was some bright green and bright blue string on different reels. I've also seen blood red line as well.

I just wondered if any of you cats used colored line...

...------
Posted By: Bulletman99

Re: Line Color? - 04/20/17 07:29 PM

Been in this game a LONG time and say with confidence that line other than clear or moss green does spook fish. Doug Hannon put out a video on the subject 20+ years ago. You may catch some here and there (prolly in muddy/off colored water) but leave all that loud colored line to the perch jerkers! LOL
Posted By: progolferv1

Re: Line Color? - 05/07/17 12:42 PM

I use yellow and a leader in salt and just the moss green in lakes
Posted By: BriDroid

Re: Line Color? - 05/21/17 05:15 AM

What are the feelings on the clear/blue fluorescent lines? My eye sight isn't what it used to be. The fluorescent blew really helps me see my line. I'm currently using the P-Line CX.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Line Color? - 05/21/17 11:24 AM

For the pro anglers, bright lines are not an issue as they almost always tie on a clear leader. So do most of us serious weekend anglers, I suspect.

I use a "weightless" wacky worm presentation, and it requires fluorocarbon line to ensure that it overcomes the surface tension that braid and mono lines normally encounter. I can actually watch the clear fluorocarbon as it gets pulled under. On another rig, I use only a fluoro leader, this tied to a bright yellow Sufix 832 braid. I'd make sure the leader is long enough to get the light presentation down, but this would be a way to go if you have trouble seeing straight clear line.

For me, it is a bit more about the sinking rate of lines than their colors. The second issue with lines for me would be their diameters. The smaller the better for the job to be done.

Brad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum