Texas Fishing Forum

Portable battery pack for electric reel?

Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/04/15 05:00 PM

So y'all can start laughing at me.

I bought a Daiwa Tanacom electric assist reel so that some of my family can start doing deep-drop fishing with me in Alaska (for some odd reason, they don't want to crank 1,200-1,600 feet of line up on a regular reel ...).

Never once did it cross my mind that the portable battery packs would be difficult to find. Anyone have leads on where to buy one of these? Or have an alternative on powering the reel?
Posted By: lenahorse

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/04/15 08:34 PM

On my last off shore trip we were fishing rigs for AJ's a fisherman had a Senator 9/0 with an electric motor, he used one of the 12v power packs, charged by plugging in to 110v ac, I believe it was a Coleman, he plugged it in when we were moving and it lasted 2 days with no problems.
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/05/15 01:22 AM

What's the voltage requirement for the motor?

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/05/15 04:18 AM

12 volts

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/05/15 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek
12 volts

I would say run a 4 cell lipo battery with a ubec to 12v...small and compact yet very powerful

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/05/15 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: 03svtsnakevert
12 volts

I would say run a 4 cell lipo battery with a ubec to 12v...small and compact yet very powerful

Huh? I savvy finance, law and real estate, but not tech speak. You'll need to dumb this down for me a bit.

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/06/15 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: 03svtsnakevert
12 volts

Huh? I savvy finance, law and real estate, but not tech speak. You'll need to dumb this down for me a bit.

No problem...lol...you can go to hobbyking.com or just google search 4 cell lithium polymer battery and 12v ubec and you should get some results
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/10/15 08:16 PM

Check your boat but the only boat I ever went on in Alaska had an outlet for an electric reel. The Scat Cat out of Port A also has the same outlets.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/11/15 05:37 AM

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Rechargeable-Volt-Battery/700551.uts Not sure how well these would for electric reels but they power up some of my big spotlights for a good long time.
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 01/13/15 10:35 PM

I was just going to suggest what 44 Diesel did. They are rechargable and on sale.
Posted By: PERMABattery

Re: Portable battery pack for electric reel? - 05/18/19 10:06 AM

Hi, this is Hellen at PERMA Battery in Shenzhen China, I'm happen to know here that, you are in need of portable and durable battery packs for electric reels, which are just within our battery product range, and here is the link for your reference: https://www.permabatterypacks.com/store-15895-fishing-reel-battery-packs.htm?iso=US

Super Lithium 9200WP-L-C 899635 and BM2300 BM2600 BM2900 Electric Fishing Reels Battery Packs with full Protection PCM and Water-proof Case of Private, mating chargers, connecting cables and outer holder are able to be applied for more than 99% electric fishing reels from DAWA and Shimano. Please feel free to contact me for more details!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum