Texas Fishing Forum

Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod

Posted By: FlatsFisher613

Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod - 02/17/14 12:18 AM

Don't know if anybody noticed but Gander Mtn. Has their Vortex 6'6" MH rods marked down to $14.99 from $60.00. I've never used one and couldn't find a whole lot of reviews on them but picked one up anyways. Anybody used these rods before?
Posted By: josez

Re: Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod - 03/16/14 11:59 PM

so did you picked one up? i have notice that the go on sell all the time for that price. are they any good??

Re: Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod - 03/17/14 12:38 AM

Yea I picked it up. I'm taking it out tomorrow for the first time. I'll post tomorrow afternoon and let you know what I think about it.
Posted By: Eric, Frisco

Re: Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod - 03/18/14 04:20 PM

I have a GM Elite rod ive had since thanksgiving (got it for 69 on black friday). This rod is really good, its a little heavier than i expected but could be cause i got the 7ft MH. The sensitivity is great and the rod looks just like an Omen. Im soley basing my opinion on the elite , but i would definately buy one for 15. It made me a believer in the GM brand.
Posted By: J.D.Big Bass

Re: Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod - 03/24/14 04:37 PM

I have two no problems so far J.D.

Re: Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod - 04/18/14 02:49 PM

Took mine out for the first time in a tournament yesterday. The cork hand separated from the rod. Looks like the glue didn't take. Really wasn't a big deal, I was still able to fish. Gonna take it back and see if they will replace it, if not I'll probably just re-glue it. Other than that the rod was fine.

Re: Gander Mountain Vortex Casting Rod - 04/18/14 03:47 PM

Gander replaced it for me. Like to see that they stand behind their product.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum