Texas Fishing Forum

Spinnerbait rod help please ...

Posted By: SlowDown

Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 09/03/13 01:09 AM

For throwing mostly 1/2 oz. spinnerbaits, occasionally 3/8 and 3/4 oz., what rod length, strength, and action works best? I'm sure opinions will vary, but I'd like to hear what some of you think.
Posted By: Cajun Bass Buster

Re: Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 09/03/13 01:58 PM

I like a medium heavy with a fast tip. 6'10" for short target casting and 7'3" for open water.
Posted By: Ram4bass

Re: Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 11/17/13 06:51 PM

Med Hvy is the best all around. I throw a med with up to 1/2 oz, but anything more is a bit much. And as CBB stated- 6'8" and above is preferred.
Posted By: DustyHartOutdoors

Re: Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 11/19/13 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Cajun Bass Buster
I like a medium heavy with a fast tip. 6'10" for short target casting and 7'3" for open water.

+1
Posted By: turtdogg

Re: Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 11/26/13 02:42 AM

I hsve a falcon lowrider xg 6'8'' mh split grip that I use for roll casting spinnerbaits. I also use this rod for chatterbaits up to 1/2 oz. Open water spinnerbait fishing for me calls for a 7' mh gen 1 vendetta. The most important thing to me on spinnerbait rods are a softer tip for pinpoint casting with good backbone and a shorter handle so it doesn't bump against your side when swapping hands. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: Lake Austin Fishing

Re: Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 11/27/13 06:11 AM

IROD Genesis Series 723C for spinnerbaits and chatter baits

or

Custom Angle Rod Moby Bass 7' H
Posted By: Herb Peoples

Re: Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 11/29/13 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
For throwing mostly 1/2 oz. spinnerbaits, occasionally 3/8 and 3/4 oz., what rod length, strength, and action works best? I'm sure opinions will vary, but I'd like to hear what some of you think.

I prefer using the Abu Garcia Veracity rod for my spinnerbait fishing. These rods are extremely light weight and very sensitive. I use the 6'9" MH action with a fast action tip perfect for making accurate casts around docks, stumps or along grass lines.
Posted By: Samuel Ragle

Re: Spinnerbait rod help please ... - 12/06/13 07:40 PM

I throw a 7'3" H DuceRods twisted rod, reason it is "twisted" is because the rod has microguides that start in the normal spot, but twist around the rod and end at the tip being like a spin cast rod. This rod though pulls my spinnerbait through the water so smooth the only thing you might feel on there is the fish you catch. Go to DuceRods.com and look at their selection of rods, web site is down, but you can email them from there
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum