Texas Fishing Forum

Reset on fishing gear

Posted By: CoC Angler

Reset on fishing gear - 05/31/13 06:14 PM

I would like some advice and or suggestions. I currently have mostly baitcast gear, but am looking to switch at least five of my setups back to spinning gear. I fish mostly for channel catfish, crappie, bluegill, sandbass, and rarely lmb. I plan to fish exclusively with 10 lb braid (not sure what brand yet) and fluro leaders (when needed). Here is where i need help: what spinning reels should i look into for this (I would like to keep it under 100 bucks a reel please) I would like AS MUCH of a BALANCE between toughness and smoothness as possible. Also what Medium (or ML) action rods would you reccomend (again, I want to keep this under 100 buck if possible).
Posted By: Jean Scurtu

Re: Reset on fishing gear - 06/01/13 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By: CoC Angler
I would like some advice and or suggestions. I currently have mostly baitcast gear, but am looking to switch at least five of my setups back to spinning gear. I fish mostly for channel catfish, crappie, bluegill, sandbass, and rarely lmb. I plan to fish exclusively with 10 lb braid (not sure what brand yet) and fluro leaders (when needed). Here is where i need help: what spinning reels should i look into for this (I would like to keep it under 100 bucks a reel please) I would like AS MUCH of a BALANCE between toughness and smoothness as possible. Also what Medium (or ML) action rods would you reccomend (again, I want to keep this under 100 buck if possible).

I can tell just about the reel and braid ,not the rod because i am fishing just with rods over 10 ' from the bank with artificial.

The best reel under $100 is DAIWA SS TOURNAMENT 1300 and the best braid(american made) for spinning reel SPIDERWIRE ULTRACAST 10 lb.

Below LIVINGSTON DAM i was catching a lot of white bass and flafhead catfish(15 lb.),paddle fish(C&R),gar fish(15lb.,buffalo carp(15 lb.) with FIRELINE ORIGINAL SMOKE 4 lb.+4lb. fluorocarbon leader and 1/32 oz. jigs.
You need all the time fluorocarbon leader because you have more bites.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Reset on fishing gear - 06/03/13 12:22 AM

Hard to go wrong with a Shimano Symetre or Sahara in 2500 size and a Falcon Original.

I've been using Sufix 832 and Sufix Performance Braid and have not been disappointed-very smooth line.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum