Texas Fishing Forum

what oil and grease?

Posted By: rico86

what oil and grease? - 02/11/12 06:06 AM

I've been cleaning my own reels and would like to know what oil and grease works best. Right now im using the shimano oil that comes with the curados and ardent reel butter. Ive heard quantum hot sauce is good. Is it better than the factory shimano oil.

Posted By: vanhagar

Re: what oil and grease? - 02/11/12 09:06 AM

I like Super Lube Grease and Rem Oil. Rem oil is super thin, so you have to apply it after every 2 trips or so, but I don't mind doing it. Reel butter oil (the thin one not the thick one) is good also, but the Reel Butter Grease is just horrible. After one trip, you can open up the reel and it looks like there's nothing there. Hot Sauce oil is good but some people don't like the red stains it can leave on clothing. The grease is good too, but so expensive for the amount you get. I throw away all the Shimano oil that comes with my reels. Too thick for bearings and too thin for anything else. The oil that comes with high end Daiwa reels is awesome stuff.

Posted By: Baylor_Guy�

Re: what oil and grease? - 02/11/12 08:06 PM

I use super lube for my personal reels and the ones at the shop. I recommend using either tg's rocket fuel or boca lightning. Both are low viscosity so they can get inside the bearings easily. Hot sauce is good bud man does it make a mess.

Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: what oil and grease? - 02/11/12 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Baylor_Guy™
I use super lube for my personal reels and the ones at the shop. I recommend using either tg's rocket fuel or boca lightning. Both are low viscosity so they can get inside the bearings easily. Hot sauce is good bud man does it make a mess.

Yeah, that red sauce gets flung around everywhere, nasty!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum