Texas Fishing Forum

St. Croix Rod

Posted By: BSmith

St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 05:17 PM

I've never spent what I would call a lot of money on a worm rod. I've been using an All Star wr1. A friend of mine offered to let me try one of his the other day. I resisted most of the day as I worried about wanting one. You can see where this is going. So I backlashed my reel really bad late in the day and decided to try his rod. Soooo I had a coupon from Cabela's for employee pricing. Got my St. Croix Legend Tournament for $184... Can't wait to get out on the water...
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 06:30 PM

I would imagine you will be impressed. Everyone has their favorites and St Croix is mine. I personally do not have a Legend Tournament yet but I do have Avids, Legend Elites and Legend Extremes. You may have just stepped off into exactly what you worried about LOL.

Jason
Posted By: Jaredk

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 06:34 PM

You should wait for a rod riot & get a Cara for $99. A superior rod for nearly half the price!
Posted By: AJ Perez

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 07:12 PM

St. Croix makes good rod blanks. I have built many quality rods on St. Croix blanks and they make an excellent product.

G Loomis is my favorite blank to build on but as a close second choice, St. Croix is right up there in terms of quality.

Posted By: SpikeStoker

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 07:40 PM

I change all my rods to the St. Croix Ledgend tournament rods. I recieved 17 and all of them are awsome!! They also have some great customer service, and fast shipping!
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 07:49 PM

I just wish Bass Pro carried more of them. I have $300 in gift cards burning a hole in my wallet and they don't have the model I need.
Posted By: HammerPants

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 09:13 PM

I have several St. Croix Avids and together, as a brand, they are my favorite rods to use. They build a stellar flyrod, as well.
Posted By: larrywc

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 09:20 PM

Own 14 each
Posted By: 5-20

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/30/09 11:20 PM

For all of you st. croix lovers out there - got an avid AS60MF - the spinning model - you want to sell? I'll also settle for a premier. I need a dock rod... smile
Posted By: NITRO 929 CDX

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/31/09 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
I just wish Bass Pro carried more of them. I have $300 in gift cards burning a hole in my wallet and they don't have the model I need.

Let them know the model you need and they should order it for you.
Posted By: BSmith

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/31/09 03:53 AM

I have family that planned a trip in town this week with my brother but never briefed us on their plans. I had planned to fish at least 3 days this week. I just got the "you can't be gone another 2 days fishing this week speech". Told her a half day tomorrow and a full later in the week for a "power plant special"... Just can't see sitting around the house on my vacation.. AND my new rod is just aching for its' first hook up..
Posted By: littlebass

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/31/09 05:40 AM

Any of yall tried the "Mojo" yet? Pretty affordable, wonder if the quality is there...
Posted By: 5-20

Re: St. Croix Rod - 12/31/09 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: littlebass
Any of yall tried the "Mojo" yet? Pretty affordable, wonder if the quality is there...

I've picked up a few of those Mojos in Cabelas. They felt kinda heavy... I don't know. I guess I thought they'd be slightly lighter. They also seemed to have more of a parabolic action than most of their other rods (avids/premiers).
Posted By: bassitup

Re: St. Croix Rod - 01/01/10 12:02 AM

i have 3 mojo rods and i love them
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum