Texas Fishing Forum

Witch Revo?

Posted By: Hitch

Witch Revo? - 06/05/08 12:49 PM

Ok I have been a Shimano user for years and was curious about the Revos and witch one of the higher end ones everyone liked?I did buy one when they first came out but took it back cause it sounded like the gears where falling out,but it could have been just that one.Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Bo Bass

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/06/08 01:58 AM

I have a SX and it is as smooth as my curados
Posted By: 9874opf

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/06/08 09:39 AM

I would think the Inshore would be the most durable(it's the one I got) plus it is super smooth
Posted By: Robert R

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/06/08 02:48 PM

I have the STX and Premier and they are both great. My buddy has a few SCs, the Cabela's specific model, and he loves those as well.
Posted By: GolfOrFishToday

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/07/08 10:35 AM

I can tell you that I have two sx's and one sx-hs and I love them! thumb I just got an stx in the mail! grin and haven't got any line on it yet but I would expect it to be just as good. The sx is smooth as silk and cast a mile. I found a good deal online and got the stx for same price as the sx. You should look around for a good deal.
Posted By: cali kid

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/07/08 12:47 PM

Try out the Skeet Reese model, I am impressed and I am a Hardcore Shimano man. Smooth as silk and love the oversized handle.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/11/08 03:08 PM

So far 4 SX's, two 7:1's and two 6:4's and one Revo S. Flat love them. I'll be getting a STX in the near future. I have two more Hendrix rods being built I'll need some reels on them. Hard to beat a Revo and Hendrix teamed up.

RM
Posted By: kurtbuschfan

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/11/08 03:11 PM

i have a revo sc and it casts like a dream i love it
Posted By: Frisco Kid

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/11/08 03:23 PM

I also have an SC, and it is far better than my old Citica. The mag brakes took a little getting used to adjusting on the fly.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/11/08 04:27 PM

Switched 4 calcuttas for 4 STX,love them. Waiting on the low gear ratios for DD22 to come out.

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/11/08 04:40 PM

Just remember that I said "wait until a Revo bearing goes out" and it will -- at least on the STX and below models. The Premier and Inshore have different bearings.
Posted By: Behindbars

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/11/08 07:22 PM

Just ordered an inshore. All I have ever fished is 5500C4's and RCN50's. I think I will like the Revo.
Posted By: UNTbass222

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/12/08 12:18 AM

all of them...leasts that what I have
Posted By: Revoman

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/13/08 01:05 AM

Just ordered my 6th Revo. Got a STX 6:4 coming in this time. Going to put it on a Hendrix 70M with a 10" split handle.

RM
Posted By: Baylor_Guy�

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/13/08 05:30 AM

STX are super sweet
Posted By: aggiegolfer

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/13/08 11:59 AM

Quote:
"wait until a Revo bearing goes out" and it will

do the revo's have problems with bearings that other reels don't or even when one performs basic maintenance like they should?

Posted By: kurtbuschfan

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/13/08 12:21 PM

ive had my sc for around a year and fished it pretty hard and i havent had any problems at all. just keep it clean and oiled. I'm even thinking about taking it down to galveston with me.

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/13/08 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: aggiegolfer
Quote:
"wait until a Revo bearing goes out" and it will

do the revo's have problems with bearings that other reels don't or even when one performs basic maintenance like they should?

A buddy of mine had a bearing go out on his(an STX--the STX models and under have different bearings that the Premier and Inshore) and he went to a bearing shop here in Ft Worth. The guy at the bearing shop said that those bearings were of very poor quality (the reason 2 of them burned up in less that a year) and the shielding on them would come off if you just barely touched it. The new-upgraded bearings were $26 each. Now both of us are lucky enough to be able to fish more than the average person--3-4 times a week when there isn't 50mph wind--so maybe others wouldn't have this problem but I wouldn't want to risk it. With that being said my Inshore works like a champ but it has different bearings/

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/13/08 03:49 PM

Did some more research and the spool bearings are ABEC 3 not 5 or 7's
Posted By: JackMason

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/20/08 07:48 PM

I have 5 revos, sx's and stx's and have had problems with them. I'm constantly having to oil them almost every other outing. I really loved them at first. They cast like a dream and are light which can make a difference during a 14 hour day of fishing. As of now, not impressed with their workmanship. Thinking about going back to my curado's...they never let me down. Be looking for 5 revos for sale in the classified section.
Posted By: jerknnreeln

Re: Witch Revo? - 06/21/08 10:31 AM

ive got an stx and love it. bought one of the cherry ones from cabelas "cabela specific" and i think it cast diffrent its a little more squirrly if you ask me. another guy i know says he thinks it feels difrent. if i buy another it will be the stx.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum