Texas Fishing Forum

The Highly Acclaimed

Posted By: Fishbonz

The Highly Acclaimed - 11/22/22 07:56 PM

"G" Rod! What ever happened coolio to them? R they still in production?? coolio

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 11/23/22 07:14 PM

A whole lotta Views and not any News. ANYBODY!!??
Posted By: russb

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 01/19/23 03:32 PM

I think covid was the final nail in the coffin of G-Rods. I heard several tackle shops got fed up with the delays in receiving orders before covid was a thing.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 01/31/23 05:03 PM

was looking for them a few days ago.. website shut down, nobody seems to be selling them..
Posted By: russb

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 02/10/23 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by leanin post
was looking for them a few days ago.. website shut down, nobody seems to be selling them..

Depending on where you are located, I know a tackle shop in north Texas that has a few still. Can't remember which models, but if you are interested I can pass on their contact info.
Posted By: Mo

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 02/28/23 03:06 PM

I bought one , still use it . 9 ft for vertical jigging crappie. I don't like it any more than my Pro Anglers , which cost under 1/2 the price of the
G rod. I was disappointed in the rod after reading all the hype at the time.
Your mileage may vary.

MO
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 03/18/23 06:56 PM

A little to much bling for me.
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 04/11/23 07:04 PM

My mother-in-law works for a large factoring firm. G-Rods was one of her accounts. From what I gathered, they were struggling before covid trying to maintain a spot in the market. Then covid hit and that was it. I have one of their inshore spinning rods and use it sometimes. It's nice, but I need to get the butt section shortened.

*It was a Christmas gift from my MIL. No way I would pay what it cost new to have it.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 05/07/23 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz
"G" Rod! What ever happened coolio to them? R they still in production?? coolio
They haven't been in production. I knew the guy who started it. Good guy wish they would have done better. Pretty pricy. Were Making fresh & salt rods.

Re: The Highly Acclaimed - 05/07/23 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by russb
Originally Posted by leanin post

Depending on where you are located, I know a tackle shop in north Texas that has a few still. Can't remember which models, but if you are interested I can pass on their contact info.

PM sent thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum