Texas Fishing Forum

Please recommend worm Rod

Posted By: chas1

Please recommend worm Rod - 10/04/22 06:12 PM

I’m looking for a 7 foot worm rod, I would like to stay under the $350 range. Something that is really lightweight but not a broomstick.
I have considered Loomis NRX Rod, but I’m not sure it’s worth 625.
Thanks for your help
Posted By: rkd

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/04/22 07:25 PM

ALX Zolo Deputy $249
Posted By: RPD

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/04/22 09:57 PM

Lews have decent worm rods and they are reasonably priced
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/05/22 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by chas1
I’m looking for a 7 foot worm rod, I would like to stay under the $350 range. Something that is really lightweight but not a broomstick.
I have considered Loomis NRX Rod, but I’m not sure it’s worth 625.
Thanks for your help

Find a used NRX or NRX+ for $4-450. An 853 or 854 preferably.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/05/22 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by rkd
ALX Zolo Deputy $249

If you decide you want this model, I’ll make you a fantastic bargain on one. Like new, deputy with ALX installed Winn grip handles. $150.00 must come to Boerne to pick it up though.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/05/22 08:00 PM

look at the TFO 7'3" extra heavy, it is my favorite worm rod.

this is the one I have, TAC MBR 737-1

https://tforods.com/product-category/conventional-fishing/
Posted By: 361V

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/09/22 12:00 PM

My all time favorite worm rod is a Dobyns Champion 734. https://dobynsrods.com/product/dc-734c-sh/
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/10/22 12:29 PM

I've been a Falcon rod guy forever. I am also an avid Flipper so I always have 3 ready. One for Jigs, one for my CrawTubes and one for my other soft plastics which will sometimes include Worms, Craws, Brush Hogs or Lizards depending on time of year and lake I'm fishing.
I have mainly used Lowrider Lizard Draggers, 7' All Around rod and most recently a 7' Finesse jig rod. All of these have done well for me but most recently I bought a couple of 6'10" Expert series Head Turner rods which I bought specifically for my Chatterbait/Spinnerbait/SwimJig/Swimbait fishing on my moving baits. One day at my neighbors pond while dialing in a couple of new reels I just happened to put on a Texas rig Craw (Jawtec Wacky Craw). I'm pretty short so I just wanted to check out using a little shorter rod to see how it felt. I was having so much fun because the fish were really biting that day that after a little while I realized I had caught 6 or 8 fish and thought to myself how really good the combo felt and how much I liked the hookset and fighting of the fish that went up to 3 1/2 lbs on that rod. The next time out to the lake I again kept the Texas rig on that setup and really liked the feel of it that day even when I put on my jig to try out. I really liked the way they work on my moving baits but now I am really thinking of getting a couple for flipping to really put to test the next few months which are really some of my favorite times to be flipping baits.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/14/22 11:14 PM

Get two or three lizard draggers for $129ea. And do what TBassYates says. They are more than enough rod and for the price they are a steal.
Posted By: chas1

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/20/22 04:30 PM

Thanks guys
Posted By: Jason1976

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 10/21/22 02:38 PM

Dobyns Champion 734 is a gem
Posted By: Shakey-Head

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 11/16/22 01:33 AM

Kistler helium
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 11/16/22 03:25 AM

[Linked Image]

Pick your poison
Posted By: NELA Bassguy

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 11/16/22 10:21 PM

I have an older Falcon Cara T7 7' 2" MHF. Best tip and action for a worm rod I have found.
Posted By: JarrodMc

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 12/15/22 06:31 AM

ALX Mitch paired with Shimano 70 MGL. Light. Sensitive. Strong.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Please recommend worm Rod - 12/18/22 06:32 PM

Shimano Adrean if you want the sensitivity of a NRX but lower in price, although it is still expensive.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum