Texas Fishing Forum

Street dealers with Fenwick Inventory

Posted By: gt2003

Street dealers with Fenwick Inventory - 09/23/22 02:54 PM

I'm looking at some new rods in the $100-$150 range and I'd like to get my hands on the Fenwick HMG rod in the 6'6" length, maybe 6'8". I pond fish mostly so that length is preferable. Plus, I'm only 5'7" so there's that! I live in Broken Arrow, Ok and work in Muskogee, Ok. My problem is, I can't find a local dealer (even BassPro) that keeps them in stock. I've got to handle the BassX from St Croix and a few others but would like to physically handle the rod before I buy one. Anyone know of any dealers fairly close by my, within maybe 60-75 miles that might have a good selection in-stock? Thanks Folks
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Street dealers with Fenwick Inventory - 09/23/22 08:57 PM

There doesn’t seem to be much love for Fenwick retail, I’d like to look at them, but can’t find any down here either. Our BPS carries the HMG Inshore, but not the regular model.

TackleWarehouse let’s you send them back for free, if you order from there and don’t like it. Other than that, never see them.
Posted By: Gilly1991

Re: Street dealers with Fenwick Inventory - 09/26/22 03:49 PM

I have a few of the old HMG. Fantastic rods, lifetime warranties.
Bought them during my trips up to Minnesota and Wisconsin. Haven't seen too many go up around the DFW area.
It's like people around here have no idea about them. Certainly missing out!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Street dealers with Fenwick Inventory - 09/27/22 04:12 PM

Cabela's used to carry a good selection of Fenwick rods prior to the BPS buyout.
I have one of the older HMG rods; great rod.
Posted By: gt2003

Re: Street dealers with Fenwick Inventory - 09/29/22 05:59 PM

Well, i hate to hear that. I guess i can always order from Tacklewarehouse and return if needed. UGH!
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Street dealers with Fenwick Inventory - 11/27/22 09:03 PM

I bought my son a few of the old Cabalas Fenwick rods, they were fairly nice. I wanted to get a couple more in their current models. Called Fenwick directly to talk about the old rods action, there was nobody to talk to, left a message and never got a return call.

Then I realized Fenwick is owned by Pure Fishing now, so customer service is gone. You get what they sell if you want it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum